• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are comics gaining more respect as a valid investment outside of the comic collecting community?
8 8

208 posts in this topic

I bought my house st the bottom of the crash. Came in with $ and got a nice one in an ok part of town in southern cal.  There’s still a murder on the street every 2 or 3 years, but I do own the house  

I plan on buying your comics during the coming crash. Finish up my rare Byrne FF run and just laugh at you guys from inside my house waving my Byrne FF run at you as you make a fire with your comics just to cook and survive. 

Edited by NoMan

5 hours ago, NoMan said:

I plan on buying your comics during the coming crash. Finish up my rare Byrne FF run and just laugh at you guys from inside my house waving my Byrne FF run at you as you make a fire with your comics just to cook and survive. 

Eh, so you'll own the Byrne run and I'll own the Burn run.  :grin:

10 hours ago, NoMan said:

I bought my house st the bottom of the crash. Came in with $ and got a nice one in an ok part of town in southern cal.  

Why wouldn't you offer them a some firewood or food for their FF comics...

16 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Thanx.  People, learned or cranks are always “predicting” market swings. And we all do our best to separate the crazy from the reality.  Money managers, the media, your uncle, shoeshine boys, we all have to sift through it and make up our own minds. Vintage is smart and savvy, but claim8ng to have called the crash is to me over the line. Even if he sold all investment assets at the peak, which would make a compelling case of putting ones (ets) on the line for ones beliefs, it could just as easily been months or years premature to the actual blooodletting. 

I didn't claim to call the crash.

But several people did. People who were willing to detach from public opinion, the status quo or whatever else opposition there was.

I just was fortunate to know someone close to me who saw it coming and shared it with me and it benefited me greatly.

If I didn't have the foreknowledge that he had given me, I wouldn't have made the moves that I did.

People can call it luck, or whatever, but I've come to learn that most major pundits are blinded by ratings or social inertia or whatever it is that drives them and can't always call it like it is.

Most people (the average Joe) doesn't listen to alternative news and even if they hear it, they generally dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't carry the same weight to them.

Edited by VintageComics

20 hours ago, NoMan said:

???

Why would you let them burn their comics to survive, instead of offering them very cheap wood and/or food for their comics (wouldn't you be getting them for next to nothing)?

2 hours ago, spreads said:

Why would you let them burn their comics to survive, instead of offering them very cheap wood and/or food for their comics (wouldn't you be getting them for next to nothing)?

Because they might try to rob me when my back is turned. Steal my Moon Knight (1981) 1 - 38 run.