• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone please explain to me why there is this silly tag above my avatar?
3 3

136 posts in this topic

I'm referring to the thing about selling my car for comics.  What a silly and random thing to be noted without any intent on my part.  How do I get rid of it???

We all have them, they change based on post count....

eventually it will change..

Once you've been here long enough, it will change to a post that you've made on the boards.... we've all lived with it as it does change :foryou: 

5 minutes ago, FSF said:

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I appreciate the info.

I hear you though, I just got a high enough post count to get rid of the one that says, "I was posting here when you were in diapers".

There are worse ones to have....I don't know "exactly" when it changes to something that you've said on the boards, but I do believe that you have to be considered a "seasoned veteran", that you can see on some of the older board members "above or beneath their profile."

And even then you don't get to "pick" what it says lol it ends up just being a quote that you posted on the boards that had an impact, was funny, or all in all short enough to fit in the space... (thumbsu 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, FSF said:

I'm referring to the thing about selling my car for comics.  What a silly and random thing to be noted without any intent on my part.  How do I get rid of it???

Pretty much every message board I've ever been on has used titles that change based on your post count. (shrug)

Just wait until you post something funny, or notable, or (hopefully) embarrassing and you'll get a permanent one that never changes

Edited by Jerkfro

2 hours ago, dena said:

We've been talking about changing those titles. I'm open to hear your suggestions if you want to post them here.

The first priority should be to use this thread's subject line for the OP's new custom title.:devil: 

4 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

Pretty much every message board I've ever been on has used titles that change based on your post count. (shrug)

Just wait until you post something funny, or notable, or (hopefully) embarrassing and you'll get a permanent one that never changes

Yea,I just love my immortalized spelling error.

7 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I hear you though, I just got a high enough post count to get rid of the one that says, "I was posting here when you were in diapers".

There are worse ones to have....I don't know "exactly" when it changes to something that you've said on the boards, but I do believe that you have to be considered a "seasoned veteran", that you can see on some of the older board members "above or beneath their profile."

And even then you don't get to "pick" what it says lol it ends up just being a quote that you posted on the boards that had an impact, was funny, or all in all short enough to fit in the space... (thumbsu 

There is one boardie who got to pick his.

6 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:
2 hours ago, DeadOne said:

Maybe if we change it to selling someone else's car.... 

How 'bout this?

" If I sell the car I just stole, I can up my bid." 

I like it.
Selling my car would implies a personal failure on some level whereas selling a car I've stolen screams success.