• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can someone please explain to me why there is this silly tag above my avatar?
3 3

136 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, FSF said:

I'm referring to the thing about selling my car for comics.  What a silly and random thing to be noted without any intent on my part.  How do I get rid of it???

You can have my silly custom.(shrug)

6 hours ago, oakman29 said:
On 6/18/2018 at 5:52 AM, FSF said:

I'm referring to the thing about selling my car for comics.  What a silly and random thing to be noted without any intent on my part.  How do I get rid of it???

You can have my silly custom.(shrug)

I can just see it now. George Washington is in his carriage waiting for the street lantern to change and another carriage pulls up next to him. He turns to look at the other carriage and the Marquis de Lafayette pokes his head out of the window and says, "pardonnez-moi, mais avez-vous un Grey Poupon?

Spoiler

Hopefully, google translate didn't eff me over there 

Edited by Jerkfro

• Administrator
16 hours ago, kav said:

How about assigning CGC grades based on post count.  Newbie = NG.  50 posts = CGC 0.5 etc  CGC 10.0 = 50,000 posts.

Suggestion noted. Thank you!

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They should definitely reflect the positive aspects of the CGC encapsulation process. How about:

• Newton ring
  • Shaken case syndrome
  • Gapping

Etc...

:makepoint:

• Administrator
14 hours ago, FSF said:

If you're taking a poll, nothing would be my preference.  I get the label of "Member" or "Veteran" or whatever.  But the comments above the avatar seem a bit cheesy.  Not trying to rock the boat and not really that big of a deal at the end of the day.

Appreciate your input!

I've been here since 2004!
14 bloody years!
I check what's going on here nearly every single frickin' day!

Still can't get a custom tag.

Total posts 757!! 

My tag line?
'Talkative?'
What I would like it to be?
"The empty can rattles the most"!

Edited by HeyMoe

6 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

waiting for the street lantern to change

You should totally make a video of you in 18th century period garb, powdered wig and all, directing carriage traffic like a modern day traffic cop on a cobblestone street.

I'd pay to see that.

Not much...but something.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You should totally make a video of you in 18th century period garb, powdered wig and all, directing carriage traffic like a modern day traffic cop on a cobblestone street.

It would still be better than Incredibles 2.

4 hours ago, dena said:

Appreciate your input!

I'm sure I raised a change request about this once ages ago but I can't find it? I recall getting mauled by the old timers for suggesting we get rid of them. It may have got deleted when I got 'deleted' (:

My position hasn't changed much really. Like @FSF said, it's not the end of the world. 

But the wording that is currently applied is someone elses wording, sitting above my avatar. I don't like that, as it implies I have chosen that wording. I'm sure most new members assume that FSF chose "If I just sell the car..."

Capture.PNG.fbd209ec7f84e36800c3e586fffc87ff.PNG

But of course, he didn't.

If I recall correctly, the title was supposed to indicate the volume of posts made by the member in question. But we now have post counts and date joined, so the title is redundant in that sense. And who would know / remember / care that "Talkative?" indicates X number of posts anyway?

I would prefer that we all set our own wording, or that we have no wording at all. In both cases, Custom Titles could still be applied if admin wanted them to continue. I understand the fun / reward aspect of the Custom Title process, and that's fine. But having someone elses stock phrase - and the current ones are cringe worthy - placed against your name seems at odds with self expression. 

My order of preference would be:

1. No wording / title at all (admin can add a custom if they wish)

2. We set our own wording (admin can override with a custom, but would need to do something so it was clear it was a custom seeing as how everyone's would be different)

3. We have a vote on suggestions put forward for stock phrases - preferably comic / CGC related (like kav's good suggestion earlier in the thread)

4. We have someone elses 'humour' imposed on us (what we have now)

Not a big deal, but that's my thoughts now it has been raised again.

:)

I accidently gave myself one many moons ago.

Since then with all the forum changes the forces at be tried to reset my custom titel.

But alas, I fought, and refused to give up somethign that never made me any more special they anyone else.

And for what? Pride? To stand out above and differently then those without?

Nonesense! 

I just feel entitled.

Edited by Silvers24

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

But we now have post counts and date joined

We always* did. The titles have always been in addition to those.

*Yes, they may have disappeared briefly on some occasions when things were being worked on behind the scenes, but they've generally always been there, since long before you got here.

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

3. We have a vote on suggestions put forward for stock phrases - preferably comic / CGC related (like kav's good suggestion earlier in the thread)

It's important to note that the original titles were generic because the boards originally contained forums for multiple types of collectors (for each company under the CCG umbrella). The separation was finished with the new boards, so at least changing the titles is quite reasonable.