• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #5 (Special Edition)

16 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

7.5 shame about the chip missing.

Still no clue on the special edition.

Never mind Jim. You may just be feeling off colour today. 

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Never mind Jim. You may just be feeling off colour today. 

Is it DrDoom and Spidey's quick wardrobe change on that interior page?Victor looks smashing in crimson.Peter should know,red and green should never be seen,together outside of the washing machine.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Is it DrDoom and Spidey's quick wardrobe change on that interior page?Victor looks smashing in crimson.Peter should know,red and green should never be seen,together outside of the washing machine.

:grin:

2 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

I must have spent 20 minutes going over every inch of the front & back covers, comparing them to stock photos. Finally gave up and scrolled down to the interior pages.  :pullhair:

Lovely book!  At least a 7.0.

I'm green with envy.

Cheers Cliff. How do you think CGC would react to the internal printing error, if advised of it? Label note? Ignore it? 

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Cheers Cliff. How do you think CGC would react to the internal printing error, if advised of it? Label note? Ignore it? 

I don't remember ever seeing a label stating "page 3 printed without red ink" or the equivalent.  I'd be surprised to see any mention of that on the label. There were many gold and silver age books with really terrible color registration on the internal pages, but I've never seen that noted on a label, either. Too common, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

I don't remember ever seeing a label stating "page 3 printed without red ink" or the equivalent.  I'd be surprised to see any mention of that on the label. There were many gold and silver age books with really terrible color registration on the internal pages, but I've never seen that noted on a label, either. Too common, in my opinion.

They just threw in some red plastic glasses and called it a "3D visual experience".

18 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

@porcupine48 - 7.5

@Spyder! - 7.0

@Cliff R. - 7.0

Thanks for the grades guys :headbang:

Here's a bit more info on it, from the original ebay seller - he graded it a bit lower than you guys did:

5b.thumb.jpg.9f9971e71116d83b2a760d5a3ed98485.jpg

Interesting.  I wonder how the seller knows there were only 4 or 5 made?  Would CGC even note such a misprint?  How many slabbed copies out there might have a green Spidey and we'll never know it!

Cool copy to have!

10 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Interesting.  I wonder how the seller knows there were only 4 or 5 made?  Would CGC even note such a misprint?  How many slabbed copies out there might have a green Spidey and we'll never know it!

Cool copy to have!

Don't hold me to this - it was over 10 years ago - but I think I messaged the seller at the time and he said that the artist told him the story about the error being spotted quickly at the presses. No way of verifying it but I did spend a few years checking every copy I saw for it. I saw one on ebay a few years back, so there's at least two.

I used to have about 100 ASM printing errors at one point - I think I posted scans that I kept of them here somewhere. I kept this and the ASM 65 as they were my favourites. 

Happy days.