• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] You Might Find It II (Closing Soon! Select Prices Cut!)
4 4

409 posts in this topic

Here's a gorgeous Captain America #105, looks structurally 9.0-9.2 to me with just a little spine wear near the green box, but cream to off-white pages. Also, the original owner (apparently) put his name on the cover, and full name and a date on the splash margin. That's the kind of writing I personally like, but YMMV. Let's say (Was $50) NOW $40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD! Complete Marvel Comics color Doc Savage set -- Doc Savage #1-8 and Giant-Size #1 (full set) plus Giant-Size Spider-Man #3 and MTIO #21. I believe these constitute every Doc Savage appearance in a color Marvel comic. Grades range from mid (MTIO 21 is the low-end outlier) to VF+/NM (#3 probably nicest) with most everything else clustered at VF range. Take the set for $50

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

:news: SOLD! A full set of the Warren/Kitchen Sink Spirit magazine run; #1-16 from Warren, then Kitchen Sink took over for #17-41. Complete set, grades vary, average at least Fine I'd say. #1 is autographed by the late great Basil Gogos (silver ink tough to see in pic). The set comes from an estate collection that I bought a sizable chunk of a couple years ago. The collector was very much an autograph guy, though I have no certificates or such. But that's the background.

$140 for the set.

NOTE: I'm guessing, but this probably need a large priority box, so shipping this set might be around the $20 mark or more. Will do my best to minimize yet pack safely.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Okay, just those additions this morning...hoping to get a recap of the recent two-thirds up sometime today and shoot the remaining books for the finale tonight (I think we can get through the rest in one session -- I have bought collections the previous two days, but I am still parsing through for keepers vs sharers. Also, one is all bronze the other mostly silver, so to include all sharers here would change the fun tenor of this thread. I've picked a few for the mix; other sharers another time.)

There is a recap on Page 6 through that point, working on another for the rest of it. 

If we finish tonight I will keep it open a little longer as PM's are always welcome!

Thank you to all the lookers, takers and conversers! Thanks for making this thread a community! (thumbsu(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

A full set of the Warren/Kitchen Sink Spirit magazine run; #1-16 from Warren, then Kitchen Sink took over for #17-41. Complete set, grades vary, average at least Fine I'd say. #1 is autographed by the late great Basil Gogos (silver ink tough to see in pic). The set comes from an estate collection that I bought a sizable chunk of a couple years ago. The collector was very much an autograph guy, though I have no certificates or such. But that's the background.

$140 for the set.

NOTE: I'm guessing, but this probably need a large priority box, so shipping this set might be around the $20 mark or more. Will do my best to minimize yet pack safely.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take

2 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Complete Marvel Comics color Doc Savage set -- Doc Savage #1-8 and Giant-Size #1 (full set) plus Giant-Size Spider-Man #3 and MTIO #21. I believe these constitute every Doc Savage appearance in a color Marvel comic. Grades range from mid (MTIO 21 is the low-end outlier) to VF+/NM (#3 probably nicest) with most everything else clustered at VF range. Take the set for $50

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take

:news: Recap pages 7-15 :banana:

Page 7:

King of the Royal Mounted #14 (underwater bondage!) $10

Page 8:

Hulk 170 $7

Unknown Worlds 18 (ACG) $10

Page 9:

House of Mystery #84 $25 (Negative Man prototype)

Unknown Worlds 21 available as freebie with purchase

Page 10:

Tales from the Crypt #35 (classic werewolf cover)  FR/GD $125

Hulk 173 $7

Page 11:

Hulk 200 VF $20

Star Wars 2 $12

Page 12:

Hulk 200 30-cent variant CGC 8.0 $150

Heritage catalog Oct 2004 (Cap/Hitler cover) $10

Page 13:

Lois Lane 11 $12

Wonder Woman 37'coverless $35

Astonishing Tales 25 1st Deathlok VF $80

Page 14: Lois Lane 70 1st SA Catwoman, pg missing $30

ASM 135 2nd Punisher $60

Green Lantern #40 $60

Sensation Comics 38 coverless, missing CF $25

Wonder Woman 140 VG $20

Page 15: Captain America 105 $50

We're up to date! PM's welcome! (thumbsu

Edited by Readcomix

Lovely lot of Lois Lane for the late evening crowd....you get...

#25 in about 3.0 (JFK & Jackie appearance)

#76 FN- sweet date stamp and name stamp on splash margin

#82 FVF 

#46 VG+

#81 FN- Neal Adams cover, name stamp on splash margin

Take all 5 for (was $45) NOW $35

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix
Typo

Great silver age value books...shame these don't sell for more, cool as they are...

Thunder Agents #1 & 4 (Tower Comics 1965) both in VG. Wally Wood goodness. 1st appearance. Take the pair for (Was $25) NOW $20! :whatthe:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix