• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you store your Comics Ultra Pro or BCW?

17 posts in this topic

I used to buy whatever was offered in my LCS.  I think it was mainly Ultra Pro bags.  Oddly though, it was BCW boards.  Now I buy my bags and boards on eBay and am currently working my way through a set of BCW bags/boards.  I didn't realize there was a difference between the two brands.  One time I went with some cheap no-name off brand.  Boy, was that a big mistake.  You get what you pay for.

Minor keys, expensive variants, etc get the Mylites2 and Full board treatment, in an archive bag.

Regular books get scotch tape, but the Mylites2 are placed upside down in the archive bag so no tape is required.  I have considered going to blue painters tape.

BCW boxes and as for unslabbed books I use Mylite II's and fullbacks on everything. I also used archival ink on Avery acid free tags to tape them shut. That might be overkill but I like how comics look in Mylite II's. 

On 6/19/2018 at 9:34 AM, Ladic said:

For Cheapo Comics:

Ultra Pro or BCW

For More expensive:

Mylar or Mylites2

Scotch Tape or resealable bags?

what is your preferred method?

Neither.

E. Gerber for all.

Neither

3M Post-it Tags

8 hours ago, divad said:

Neither.

E. Gerber for all.

Neither

3M Post-it Tags

I just placed my first oder directly from e gerber, MUCH cheaper than amazon or any other store. But they won't ship out until August they told me.

On 6/20/2018 at 4:06 PM, MGH said:

Be warned, resealable bags are very, very sticky...    I don't touch them after a couple of incidents 

Yeah, I hate those bags. They stick to everything. 

On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎20 at 5:06 PM, MGH said:

Be warned, resealable bags are very, very sticky...    I don't touch them after a couple of incidents 

agreed. I dislike them.

On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎27 at 7:32 AM, Ladic said:

I just placed my first oder directly from e gerber, MUCH cheaper than amazon or any other store. But they won't ship out until August they told me.

while I like their product I find them nearly impossible to deal with. I am in Canada, try calling their "out of the USA" phone line.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:32 AM, Ladic said:

What's the hurry? All good things must wait.