• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: X-MEN #4 (1st Sentinels)

18 posts in this topic

I'm too much of a newbie of grading to offer a solid grade--but what I can say is this has great "eye appeal." I would be proud to own that, especially given the age. The veterans of this board will have a much better appreciation of what you should expect, grading-wise. But I'm jealous. Take my opinion with a very large "mound" of salt.

Edited by nisora33

18 hours ago, Kramerica said:

Any chance you can snap a pic of the back cover? And the front cover outside of the bag? A view of the entire front & back would really help me make an educated guess (thumbsu

I will when I get home tonight  and I would really appreciate it!

19 hours ago, Kramerica said:

Any chance you can snap a pic of the back cover? And the front cover outside of the bag? A view of the entire front & back would really help me make an educated guess (thumbsu

Out of the bag...

The best I could do with the lighting in my cave.

There are no creases. Color is great. Back is sharp.

Never been pressed.

20180620_194001.jpg

20180620_194056.jpg

20180620_194032.jpg

20180620_194121.jpg

20180620_194109.jpg

20180620_193835.jpg

20180620_194135.jpg

46 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

How much did you pay for it? If you don't mind my asking.

Looks 8.5. Pics suck. Other than the 2 corner touches, I think a press would really help it. I could be wrong. 

Edited by Noodlez

8 minutes ago, Noodlez said:

Looks 8.5. Pics suck. Other than the 2 corner touches, I think a press would really help it. I could be wrong. 

Pressing will only remedy the bends/creases without the color having flaked off, so the effect of pressing this will be minimal, as far as I can interpret the pics. For $400, you're in right. You can't get hurt.

I'm going to go 8.0 right now. 2 soft corners, minor wear to the left of Prof X and 3 very minor spine ticks. It looks to me that there are 2 creases in the ULFC? Do they extend into the book a little? If so, the press will be needed. In any event, you can't go wrong with a press and it's a gorgeous book with spectacular inks.

Thank you guys!!. (thumbsu The original owner who sold it to me said it was about 8.0-8.5, but wouldn't be surprised if it got a 9 after a press. (shrug)

Either way, the comments are much appreciated. $400 out the door seemed to good to pass up. One of my fav books! :x