• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heroes Con — June 14-16, 2019
4 4

104 posts in this topic

2018 was an awesome show! I filled more than 3 long boxes over the weekend. Mind you, we did some shopping on the way up and on the way back.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in roughly 51 weeks!

For those of you going for the first time in June 2019, I'd just like you to know that I shopped the floor from Friday morning until I was kicked out on Sunday evening. I definitely did not have enough time or money. Start saving and budgeting now, for the best possible experience at one of the most enjoyable comic cons in the country.

On 6/23/2018 at 6:10 PM, camera73 said:

For those of you going for the first time in June 2019, I'd just like you to know that I shopped the floor from Friday morning until I was kicked out on Sunday evening. I definitely did not have enough time or money. Start saving and budgeting now, for the best possible experience at one of the most enjoyable comic cons in the country.

Same!  This was my 10th year straight, and there isnt enough time or money. I was kicked out Sunday as well lol

On 6/25/2018 at 9:03 PM, StingerMcK said:

Same!  This was my 10th year straight, and there isnt enough time or money. I was kicked out Sunday as well lol

I had the PA reminders telling me what a great show it had been, while I was trying to prevent its end AND my gf in the other ear telling to stop rifling through the last 50-cent table. But I was still finding great stuff after the show was over - what's a collector to do???

On 7/2/2018 at 3:22 PM, camera73 said:

my gf in the other ear telling to stop rifling through the last 50-cent table. what's a collector to do???

Leave her at home next time.  :foryou:

This thread might be biased, but if I could only travel to one show, should I go to Baltimore or Heroes? I'm in San Francisco, so it's expensive to travel to the east coast for a comic con. The past 2 years I've gone to Baltimore and it's been amazing, so I'm totally fine with going back for a 3rd :) 

14 hours ago, shortboxed said:

This thread might be biased, but if I could only travel to one show, should I go to Baltimore or Heroes? I'm in San Francisco, so it's expensive to travel to the east coast for a comic con. The past 2 years I've gone to Baltimore and it's been amazing, so I'm totally fine with going back for a 3rd :) 

Grass is always greener syndrome.  I always go to Heroes and want to try Baltimore once, so I'm thinking 2019 might be the year.  You will not be disappointed with Heroes if you decide to try it out. 

On 10/15/2018 at 6:42 PM, shortboxed said:

I've been to Baltimore five of the last six years, and also went to Heroes last year. The things I care about are: buying back issues, buying in artists' alley, and meeting creators (in that order). If you want to do those things too, then you would be very happy at either show. I found the local area around the Charlotte convention center to be much more pleasant. Baltimore's Inner Harbor area is very nice and has touristy activities for family memebrs who don't want to go to the show (National Aquarium, USS Constellation, also Orioles and Ravens stadiums are nearby) but just outside that it gets pretty sketchy. Some of the businesses I walk past on the way to the convention center have not reopened from being looted during the Freddie Gray riots a few years ago...

If you've been to Baltimore twice, then I would suggest trying Heroes next year (all other things being equal).