• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicxposure xposed (with proof) do not buy from
1 1

39 posts in this topic

So long story short: ordered 1st time from them and they sent me 1 correct book and 2 “true believers” worthless junk instead of my dell Otto variants. They don’t answer calls or emails. Only responded to me bashing them on social media and asked if “I have anything better to do”

well no I don’t ?I’m not getting robbed that easily. I put a stop payment for fraud on my debit card with my bank and I filed with better business bureau and here is the response from them: 

I’ll be faxing this to my bank tomorrow and keeping my money. Feel free to post this and spread the word. 

For those that don’t read the complaint: they ignore the better business bureau as well as their customers

9671C053-B30A-43E5-ACD3-D7FF6C54408C.jpeg

Edited by jason4

I just recently ordered an ASM 800 Crain variant from them.  A few days after release I hadn't received an email stating it was shipped, so I emailed them with no reply.  A few days later I emailed them again and the next day I had a tracking email.  I got my book but they're customer service/lack of communication is garbage.  After sending my initial email I started researching them (should've done this initially :kidaround:) and saw the non stop stream of issues from countless people.  I'm glad I got my book, but they seem to risky for me to buy from again. 

Horrible company.  Takes a lot for me to say that, but it is true.  Totally unethical.  Someday when I don't mind if my blood pressure spikes I'll tell my story.  

11 hours ago, SkOw said:

Horrible company.  Takes a lot for me to say that, but it is true.  Totally unethical.  Someday when I don't mind if my blood pressure spikes I'll tell my story.  

what happened?

Yes, I did not do any research prior to purchasing from them either. My story was in March I had preordered some books ASM 800 being the last release date on one order  and some more books with ASM 799 on a separate order, so I knew I had a wait coming up. When May came I expected the 799 order to at least ship but did not hear from them, I thought maybe they just want to combine my orders and pocket the extra shipping on one of the orders so whatever, I will keep waiting. Well May 30th came and went, so 2 weeks into June I tried calling them..."The Google subscriber can not be reached at this time", so I tried the other number with the same message. Now my research on them only came after having placing the order, so input from here, google search, bbb, and their own facebook. So I shot them an email and waited a week with still no reply so sent a couple direct messages on facebook again with no reply. Now I know they are active on their facebook page because they are selling or promoting a new comic like every two hours and have watched multiple adds go up. So now I am rather worried being that the orders where rather large and I am being ripped off, especially with all of the horrid reviews, so I typed a basic note on word that I could copy and paste and pasted it in every post they made and posted it on their page. Basically saying "they work hard on promotion but not on customer service, I had outstanding orders totaling over a grand and still haven't received them nor heard from them after reaching out" This got their attention, especially since they kept deleting everyone's bad comments that go up. He said (paraphrasing), "They are getting ready to ship, they were understaffed, and he understood my concern".  Good news was he was true and the first order did ship and I received it Friday, all of the comics were in good shape minus one. The second order says shipped and tracking alerted me that the label was created on June 29th at 2:37 but it has not left their possession yet. 

This is the address it shipped from: 3606 Kingsbridge Ave Suite 3k, Bronx, NY 10463

My over all experience was the customer service and communication is awful and I would never order from them again, which is unfortunate as they do get some nice covers from time to time.

Update: so to serve them right I did something 2 days ago. I was told by my bank ship the books back with proof and I get my money back fully. So I took a picture of the package and did delivery confirmation. But for fun and for my enjoyment I sent the 2 reprints back  that they sent me (after bending them and creasing the hell out of them) and then I slipped a horrible piece of drek called humankind with some girl in a thong on a motorcycle instead of my dell Otto single book they correctly sent. They’re (comicxposure) not the only ones who can purposefully ship the wrong books :) will let you know what happens next. I’m a teacher off for the summer so yes I have nothing better to do lol

31 minutes ago, Fiddy said:

I understand how frustrating it can be to receive the wrong books, but intentionally damaging their books, keeping the other book, and sending them a completely different book doesn't sound right, especially if your bank is going to refund the money.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, jason4 said:

Update: so to serve them right I did something 2 days ago. I was told by my bank ship the books back with proof and I get my money back fully. So I took a picture of the package and did delivery confirmation. But for fun and for my enjoyment I sent the 2 reprints back  that they sent me (after bending them and creasing the hell out of them) and then I slipped a horrible piece of drek called humankind with some girl in a thong on a motorcycle instead of my dell Otto single book they correctly sent. They’re (comicxposure) not the only ones who can purposefully ship the wrong books :) will let you know what happens next. I’m a teacher off for the summer so yes I have nothing better to do lol

Well, so much for the existence of a high road in this fiasco.

:news:UPDATE on books I ordered that finally came in.  3 months later. photos to be posted soon.  If you prefer not to read the gritty details see TLDR spoiler at the bottom.

First experience with ordering from ComicXposure...even AFTER reading all the negative reviews.  Yes, I know, I was playing with fire and fully expecting to get burned but wanted to to use this experience to document everything I did or tried to ensure a satisfactory transaction or resolution should something have gone very wrong.

Date books were ordered: 4/19/18 mid-day

Date received confirmation: 4/20/18 at 12:59am

Date CC was charged: 4/21/18 for $700 + $6 shipping (for any order over $500 I would expect free shipping but maybe they do that for orders over $1k) Minus a half Star for petty shipping charge on high dollar orders.

Total books ordered: 24 including 3-packs and 5-packs bundles and pre-orders

Latest pre-order issue: ASM 801 release date June 20 so I knew these wouldn't arrive any earlier than late June to early July.  I had a 2.5 to 3 month wait before I could expect to see these books since they ship them all together. 

Sent emails and left voicemail at their listed email and phone contact to try and establish contact, verify the order and see when the order might expect to ship.  None of the emails or voicemails were ever returned.  I contacted my cc company just to get their policy on a dispute and charge-back in case this transaction went bad.

I placed a similar order with Unknown Comics (which I had a trustworthy previous relationship with) with pre-orders including ASM 801 so I wasn't expecting that until July as well.

Side note:  While waiting for these comics one thing I realized is I really don't like pre-orders or having to wait 2-3 months to get all my comics that I ordered including the ones that arrive sooner or are already in stock.  It saves a bunch on shipping but really sucks to have to keep track of all the purchase invoices and wait to get copies that everyone already has or are available to buy at cons or ebay.

Fast forward to early June I received notice from multiple other retailers that ASM 800 had a delay (up to 7 weeks between 799 and 800 due to printing issues)

June 29 - Large order from Unknown Comics arrives with pre-orders up to ASM 800 (4 damaged comics - currently being addressed by Unknown Comics)

Late June I received notice from some retailers that ASM 801 was delayed by up to 2 weeks.

July 6 - Copies of ASM 801 began appearing on ebay and at retailers.  No word yet from ComicXposure

July 15 - received last order from Unknown comics including the ASM 801 variants

July 16 - Sent email to ComicXposure inquiring about the order status with no response.  Located ComicXposure on Facebook and direct messaged them about my order #.  Surprisingly someone quickly replied to my facebook message informing me that they had not yet received all the ASM 801 variants included in that order but would expect to receive them in 1-2 weeks and to check back then.

July 26 - Checked back in on my order with ComicXposure via their facebook page.  Received response 5 min later stating that all ASM 801 variants had just arrived and begun processing orders for shipping.  They informed me that I should be receiving a shipping notification via email soon.

August 1 7:57pm - Received ComicXposure email confirmation that my order has shipped with tracking # via MEDIA MAIL.  (USPS Tracking status showed as pre-shipment, not yet dropped off with carrier for the next 6 days.  I signed up for shipping status text notifications) Minus 1 star for delayed drop off and another half star for using Media Mail.

August 7 4:22pm - Received notification that the shipment has been dropped off at USPS. Departed PO at 5:40pm same day

August 8-13 - enroute via USPS

August 13 2:38pm - Received email confirmation that my order has been Delivered.

I arrived home and found the large box to be in decent shape and condition. 

1078192415_boxlabel.thumb.jpg.b6fb0f40cd5ad7f86830d44ef7fcee5b.jpg

20180814_000922.thumb.jpg.15bcb98579c6a538ce92510f7c70d1a3.jpg20180814_001007.thumb.jpg.5016d6e493b14fbc66797c5b44b14f33.jpg

openbox.jpg20180814_002435.thumb.jpg.2967b6444b2bdb05c39b89b307a50ba8.jpg

Upon opening I found the contents to be surprisingly in great shape considering the packing method used. They packed the comics in bundles of 5 facing one direction with packing tape at the top and bottom of each bundle to hold them together.  Each bundle was stacked on top of each other face up over a thin cardboard bottom piece and squared against 2 of the box edges with no padding between the comics and those 2 edges or the bottom.  The rest of the empty space in the box was stuffed with bubblewrap securing snug but with gaps in place to the 2 bare edges with more bubblewrap stuffed on top snuggly.  see photos

invoice view.jpg

comic packed view.jpg

Removing the tape from each bundle was an exercise in patience and caution as the tape made it difficult to remove without potentially damaging the spine or corners while gripping the comics tightly enough to pull the tape off. Thankfully (possibly purposely) the tape had some folded over pieces making it easy to get a decent grip to begin pulling the tape off.  I recommend just cutting it off or cutting the bags of both outer comics that both tape ends attach to.

All 24 comics arrivedThe order was complete and matched all items and variant covers from the order invoice.  Grades on all New and pre-order issues ranged from NM to MT with only minor easily pressable corner bends on 1 or 2 copies.  There was only 1 NM copy that had a combination of a pressable corner bend, 1-2 light spine ticks up to 1/16" and an edge crease with hint of color break, and small production print streak on the back cover.  1 NM- and 2 NM copies of a back issue 3-pack that was over a year old. The other 20 were NM+/MT.

I can honestly say I was very pleased with the results of the order and happy that ALL of the comics ordered were sent and all new and pre-ordered issues were in at least NM condition. I had very low expectations to begin with but surprisingly their issues arrived with less damage that my previous Unknown Comics order which included some color break corner creases and finger creases due to handling despite more secure shipping.

I gave them 3 out of 5 stars with 2 stars being subtracted due primarily to shipping method/costs/handling times.

Will I order from them again?  Possibly now that I know I can contact someone via facebook and have at least established a bit of trust on the order and receiving side.

Will I pre-order from them again?  Probably not.  I may only do a pre-order for 1 item or bundle at a time but I won't be combining pre-orders with current stock orders anymore from any other retailer either.  I will most likely order comicxposure variants from Unknown Comics where possible due to their free shipping and better packing methods but will order from ComicXposure for those items that I can't get elsewhere.

TLDR See spoiler below:

Spoiler

Ordered expensive bundle pre-order from ComicXposure in April.

Took 3 months to arrive with no email notifications other than when ordered and when shipped.

Delays due to ASM 800 and 801 distributor delays.

Found reliable contact and communication method for status updates via their facebook page and direct message

Used Media Mail but still charged me $6 for a $700+ order and took them 6 days from when they purchased shipping to when they dropped it off at the post office.

All 24 comics ordered arrived most in acceptable NM+/MT condition with only 2 in NM- to NM for back issues.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Might purchase from them again.

Edited by justafan
photos, added TLDR at bottom

On 7/1/2018 at 9:32 PM, jason4 said:

Any updates?