• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicxposure xposed (with proof) do not buy from
1 1

39 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

Any updates?

Better business bureau finalized the complaint and if they get enough of those I guess they get a fine or shut down. I never got my money back they said they cant force them to refund if they take the complaint. 

7 hours ago, jason4 said:

I never got my money back they said they cant force them to refund if they take the complaint. 

???  ???  ???

On 7/1/2018 at 9:32 PM, jason4 said:

I was told by my bank ship the books back with proof and I get my money back fully. So I took a picture of the package and did delivery confirmation. 

11 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

???  ???  ???

Yea so I don't bank with bank of America anymore because of their nonsense. I thought I was getting it back but no. Next time (never with comicxposure) I would use a credit card instead of debit to have better protection. 

I preordered an asm 796-800 set in February last year .    800 released in may.

Set arrived in November , after a lot of spamming  their pm on Facebook. 

The  books arrived in good condition but the company is almost impossible to contact.   

I've never ordered from them because I've heard the horror stories.  However, my buddy order from them and the only way he got a response was after filing a fraudulent charge complaint with his credit card company.  I advise people to avoid them because it is easier than attempting to work with them.

I ordered from them once, which was enough to convince me to never make that mistake again. Honestly, if anyone wants ComicXposure variants/exclusives, I highly recommend buying them through NY Collector Cave (www.nycollectorcave.com / (718)-892-0402). The owner is a super nice guy. I reached out to him during my go-around with ComicXposure at the advice of a board-mate; he gets all the ComicXposure exclusives (apparently he's friends with the guy) *and* has functional customer service skills! Now I buy books & Funko Pop's from the cave regularly and I've never had a problem.

Quick view of their twitter page and what's the 1st thing I see...

Another victim. Seriously why does marvel work with this scam artist? They are doing it to anyone and everyone. 

Screenshot_20190506-112509_Chrome.jpg

22 hours ago, jason4 said:

Better business bureau finalized the complaint and if they get enough of those I guess they get a fine or shut down. I never got my money back they said they cant force them to refund if they take the complaint. 

Levy fines? Shut a business down? Nope. They do neither.

https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles-eg/the-better-business-bureau-bbb-is-powerless-tohelp-resolve-consumer-complaints.html

On 5/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, jason4 said:

Yeah the BBB can't do any of that. They're basically an entity that does third-party reviews of businesses. They're Yelp before Yelp. 

Best thing to do then I guess is spread the word about them. I wish there was a way to contact marvel to stop doing exclusives with them. Ah well, karma will come around eventually.

And Always use a credit card when buying from any company as you get better protections. 

Edited by jason4

On 5/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, jason4 said:

Cant believe the BBB is still around, much less an avenue for relief.  I mean was this ever a real thing to begin with?  Honestly, what authority does it/they possess?  I always assumed it was just another scam to get money, like "we fix bad credit" stuff.

3 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Cant believe the BBB is still around, much less an avenue for relief.  I mean was this ever a real thing to begin with?  Honestly, what authority does it/they possess?  I always assumed it was just another scam to get money, like "we fix bad credit" stuff.

They've never had any power to address issues other than to mediate and embarrass an organization.  I don't think 'scam' is fair but I think it's pretty clear they're less influential since the internet came into vogue.     

ordering from these guys is purely an at-your-own-risk proposition. someone will always get screwed and fb is the only way to communicate, track and guarantee you get something. my advice mirrors BabaLaments. order through a reseller that actually has customer service and a working phone. it might cost a little more but worth it.

I've got some comic exposure variants, looks like selling them on eBay would bring a sort of doubt...

Is anyone interested anywhere else?

Is Facebook the "it" thing?

5 minutes ago, justafan said:

ordering from these guys is purely an at-your-own-risk proposition. someone will always get screwed and fb is the only way to communicate, track and guarantee you get something. my advice mirrors BabaLaments. order through a reseller that actually has customer service and a working phone. it might cost a little more but worth it.

11 hours ago, MGH said:

I preordered an asm 796-800 set in February last year .    800 released in may.

Set arrived in November , after a lot of spamming  their pm on Facebook. 

The  books arrived in good condition but the company is almost impossible to contact.   

I had nearly the same exact order with the same exact problem. I understood having to wait until all comics where released so they could consolidate shipping but I was like 8 weeks post AMS 800 release. I had other comics and variants but the 800 was the last to release. I basically did the same thing with spamming every post they put up multiple times as they would take it down. I kept it up. Finally got PM response a few times but it was very difficult. My initial order was pretty large, I was pretty darn worried. I do like some of their variants and would only order again in small orders but I haven't honestly done so yet. I am really turned off of my last experience with them. I had ordered prior to ever looking at reviews so then reading all of them here made me anxious as all the bad reviews. So that was my experience, cool comics, decent prices, extremely poor communication, very delayed shipping, but I did get my comics and in really good condition. Take that as you will.

Looks like I'm not the only one... I just opened up a charge back with my credit card company today for an unfulfilled order with Comicxposure (coming up on the 6 month window). I pre ordered the Uncanny X-Men #1 Jeff Dekal Exclusive through them with a few other X-Men variants. I emailed him end of November 2018 for an update and got a response saying they were still awaiting the Dekal exclusive and then received no response to further emails after that.

How can he still run a business with so much bad debt? I know here in Australia we have a government organisation that would investigate and take legal action to shut him down should they receive enough valid complaints. Going by the amount of bad reports I've since found online I got to think that wouldn't be hard should a similar organisation exist in the the U.S. ?

They are horrible and impossible to deal with. It would probably be best to reach out to artists who do limited covers for them and ask they respect collectors on not work with companies like this. Get a little campaign going. Shame on me - but I'm in the middle of a four-month battle and fourth ordering issue with them in the last year. I can't even get the comics I pay for anymore - and trying to get the money back is a terrible pain. 

Avoid this company at all costs. 

I had an order that was not sent out for almost 6 months, and then it was only because I disputed the charge with a message to refund my money. They immediately sent a mix of the books I had ordered and shorted me on the ones they were "out" of. There was a packing slip dated from when the order was made saying it was all there. Gee thanks.