• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 6
5 5

253 posts in this topic

Glad I didn't spend any time this round figuring out the grades-- I gave it minimal effort-- never noticed the note about a detached centerfold or I would have graded the Joe book even lower than the 4.0 I have it. The pep I figured was somewhere between 1.5 and 2.0 so I went a little higher completely forgetting there was a 1.8 grade available (doh)/ End result-- had I not bothered getting my scores in, I would have scored the same result-- no points net result. on to the next I suppose.....

9 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Let’s hear from those who thought it was a 6.0 :popcorn: 

I echo the others who gave a 6.0 - the biggest thing for me was the readers crease, but the rest of the front cover was quite good and the back cover was in good shape.  The edges and corners were clean.  I debated 6.5 to 5.5 for that book, but after under grading the Ghost Rider 1 severely (hit it way too much for the tanning and stains I saw???) I narrowed it to 6.0-6.5 and then dinged it 0.5 for the detached centrefold.  The 6.0 also happened to be in the middle of my initial thoughts of 5.5-6.5 :)  That being said I could see an argument for a lower grade ......

Thought the Pep was fairly easy due to the completely detached cover that was reattached with tape.

9 hours ago, Ron C. said:

(tsk)  Sorry, not a 6.0.  Gold Plated-Latinum-aged bump?

detached cover a 6.0     I heard the highest grade would be a 4.5    gift grade    the notes on this one would be very interesting

Fan Boy had a Jughead #4 blue label CGC 6.0 on the boards awhile ago.

The label noted a detached centerfold.  Has anyone seen a higher graded blue label with this defect?

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/431625-closed/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-10185247

Edited by Cliff R.

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

Detached at one staple? I need to know . 

well considering he stated  that he wasn't aware of the detached centerfold before submitting it, I would doubt he is about to crack out the book just to see if it is detached a specific way.

Edited by 01TheDude

22 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Detached covers are almost always a 1.5 with the new rules.  Easiest book so far.

Who knows when that book was graded without seeing the label? 

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
20 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Detached covers are almost always a 1.5 with the new rules.  Easiest book so far.

Who knows when that book was grades without seeing the label? 

A detached otherwise 10.0 grades the same as a detached otherwise 3.0???

1 hour ago, kav said:

A detached otherwise 10.0 grades the same as a detached otherwise 3.0???

That is my understanding.

And I’m running with the thought that these are all recent gradings based on all the slabs we have seen so far.

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

And I’m running with the thought that these are all recent gradings based on all the slabs we have seen so far.

grading is supposed to reflect value and the values of an otherwise 10.0 AF15 detached cover is not and never will be the same monetary value as an otherwise 3.0 AF15 therefore receiving the same grade is absurd.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I can’t believe this to be true.