• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any experts on Spire Christian Comics out there?
1 1

56 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, jools&jim said:

Here's the Spire entry from The Slings and Arrows Comic Guide (Slings&Arrows, 2003).  Sorry that the right column is a little blurry...it's a fat book, and wouldn't quite lay flat on the scanner...

Great resource! Comics Price Guide has 56 different Spire Christian Comics, including the 19 Archie Comics mentioned above, listed in their database. 

I too, own some of the Spire Christian comics. My grandparents, who got me started in comics by buying me two or three a week, for a while they were getting me the Spire comics. I can remember how upset my little 10 yr old self was at getting these instead of the usual standard Archie comics. Now after all these years, I'm glad to have gotten them and really thankful to have had grandparents that did that.

I do not recall having received any non-Archie Spire comics but I may have. I'll have to check my list.

The Slings and Arrows note states that they were only to be in Christian bookstores - I never knew that. My grandparents must have occasionally shopped at whatever Christian bookstore was in Saginaw MI back in the 70's.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:27 AM, ThreeSeas said:

The Slings and Arrows note states that they were only to be in Christian bookstores - I never knew that. My grandparents must have occasionally shopped at whatever Christian bookstore was in Saginaw MI back in the 70's.

I remember them being in a diner in Ellensburg, WA when we drove over the mountains to see my grandparents in the 70's.  Pretty sure they were the only comics on the rack, but it wasn't a Christian bookstore as such.

On 8/25/2022 at 5:07 PM, OtherEric said:
On 7/5/2018 at 5:27 PM, ThreeSeas said:

I remember them being in a diner in Ellensburg, WA when we drove over the mountains to see my grandparents in the 70's.  Pretty sure they were the only comics on the rack, but it wasn't a Christian bookstore as such.

Four years he's been waiting for a response to that :yeehaw:

On 8/25/2022 at 5:50 PM, OtherEric said:

So why don't you add them to the GCD?  Or would you like me to?

If so, do I have permission to use your images on the GCD?

I'm far too busy posting nonsense here to do anything productive like that, Eric!  You have my blessing to upload.

And you can add them to the GCD too, if you like batman-jack-nicholson.gif.898b10b00a7eda131d8ab0add16e7eb7.gif

On 8/25/2022 at 12:38 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Four years he's been waiting for a response to that :yeehaw:

Finally, lol.

My grandparents were religious though, I just do not remember them ever talking about going to a religious type store. I do not think they ever missed a Sunday going to church.

On 8/25/2022 at 12:07 PM, OtherEric said:

I stopped at a weed dispensary in Ellensburg on a biz trip one time. I thought the place was so small that I'm surprised to see anyone mention it. I'm sure the Spire god squad would not approve. 

Edited by Dave2739

On 6/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, jools&jim said:

I have every jack chick book.  there are a lot of 'em.  stack about 10" high.
@jcjames-your thoughts on jack chick?  Russian teens love 'em btw.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:50 AM, JERKFROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO said:

Double entendre anyone?

Archie Gets A Job
Archie's One Way (I'm thinking he'd much prefer a three way though)
Archie's Love Scene

Archie's One Way Love Scene? Ummmm......