• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2018
1 1

18 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chris sierra said:

Newbie Question - At SDCC Alex Ross won't be in attendance but is pre-signing items for pick up at his booth.  With a facilitator does picking up a pre-signed item at his booth count as signature verification?   

Probably....because I know that J. Scott Campbell pre-signs a lot of his krap and they qualified for SS if a CGC rep witness you picking them up and submitting them.

I assume that that it would work the same for facilitators but you should double check.

6 hours ago, Pirate said:

only about 30 of them.  Read around in here.  they will make announcements

KK very nervous, I really want to get Geoff Johns, or TT Go cast, or MHA ppl. those are my big three. but that lottery system scares me to my core. haven't really been sleeping well either because of it. 

16 hours ago, Kenny37 said:

KK very nervous, I really want to get Geoff Johns, or TT Go cast, or MHA ppl. those are my big three. but that lottery system scares me to my core. haven't really been sleeping well either because of it. 

#firstworldproblems

20 hours ago, greggy said:

Probably....because I know that J. Scott Campbell pre-signs a lot of his krap and they qualified for SS if a CGC rep witness you picking them up and submitting them.

I assume that that it would work the same for facilitators but you should double check.

I don't think it works that way without the person in attendance.  If it does now, then just wow wow wow.

14 minutes ago, Pirate said:

I don't think it works that way without the person in attendance.  If it does now, then just wow wow wow.

Well, he was present at the show but all his exclusives were pre-signed already.

36 minutes ago, greggy said:

Well, he was present at the show but all his exclusives were pre-signed already.

that's a little different in the scope of things :)

2 minutes ago, Pirate said:

that's a little different in the scope of things :)

He probably does it because he's a diva who shows up hours after the opening time thinking that he's that special.

They must be present. No, the pre-signed books will get green label if Alex is not there PERSONALLY to atest it’s authenticity. 

The lottery system is terrible, but due to demand and the cast not wanting to sit there all day then your best bet is to pick ONE and try real hard. If you don’t normally pray, I suggest starting to pray every day.  Your chances are slim to none of you don’t do your research first and then queue up hours beforehand. That’s just how it is. That’s why those cast signed books go for thousands of dollars on the aftermarket. 

As far as finding a facilitator goes look in the “signing event” thread in this forum to see who’s got SDCC plans. I know RichHenn, dscott, and many others will be there for sure. Reach out soon, deadlines to get books in their hands to help you get signatures is coming up fast. 

so if SDCC tickets, are a bust, and no one lists a facilitator for signings, do you think I could bribe CGC facilitators to get some books signed for me? I'm mostly looking for Geoff Johns books not for any of the big named celebrities or anything. Hes the main reason I'm going all this way, and I shall not be denied! 

3 hours ago, Kenny37 said:

so if SDCC tickets, are a bust, and no one lists a facilitator for signings, do you think I could bribe CGC facilitators to get some books signed for me? I'm mostly looking for Geoff Johns books not for any of the big named celebrities or anything. Hes the main reason I'm going all this way, and I shall not be denied! 

Here's the thing (in my experience) with Geoff Johns... he cancels a lot.  When the whole Rebirth thing happened, there was a private signing set up for some of the facilitators.  Geoff "had to leave early" and very few people got their things signed.  I waited for almost a YEAR to get my ONE signed book back from a facilitator because they had to chase Geoff down at other events to fulfill their requests from customers.  And I used a MAJOR facilitator to get the signature.  It's a process.  I would reach out to @dscott, @Rich_Henn, and @Par2ch to see what can be done or for tips at the very least.  I'll PM you too.

@Kenny37

What the Radiant one said.

He's a "catch me if you can."

He does cancel, A LOT.  And I can tell you in the past that other people have tried to set up privates with him.

I got lucky, I saw him in DC back in Jan/Feb.   He signed a handful of things and confirmed to me there that there were NO convention appearances for him in 2018, including SDCC.  I'd offer to take your books, but I'd be wasting your time  :-(

8 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

@Kenny37

What the Radiant one said.

He's a "catch me if you can."

He does cancel, A LOT.  And I can tell you in the past that other people have tried to set up privates with him.

I got lucky, I saw him in DC back in Jan/Feb.   He signed a handful of things and confirmed to me there that there were NO convention appearances for him in 2018, including SDCC.  I'd offer to take your books, but I'd be wasting your time  :-(

That really breaks my heart a bit. I hope he changes his mind. I really had my heart and soul set on it. But should he not go, I’ll keep looking at events, I reached out to Ppl he did a private signing with this year who said he was gonna go, but if worse case scenario if he can’t i’ll keep my eyes open. I tried to get a facilitator for his earth 2 signing, but no one answered me. Really bumbed about that. 

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Chris sierra said:

Newbie Question - At SDCC Alex Ross won't be in attendance but is pre-signing items for pick up at his booth.  With a facilitator does picking up a pre-signed item at his booth count as signature verification?   

I called CGC and that is not considered a witnessed signature.  The artist has to sign in front of the CGC witness.  A little silly if you ask me.  If the witness walks with you to the booth and the artist is the owner of the booth that should work.  Oh well.

9 hours ago, Stormaggedon said:

I called CGC and that is not considered a witnessed signature.  The artist has to sign in front of the CGC witness.  A little silly if you ask me.  If the witness walks with you to the booth and the artist is the owner of the booth that should work.  Oh well.

If you think about it, it’s not silly at all. The whole concept of the Gellow Label sog Series is that someone has actually witnessed and verified that the signature on the books was done by the person themselves. If the person isn’t there to sign it or testify that it is, in fact, their signature, then why bother having a witness at all?  They should just take the creator’s employee’s word as fact?  Additionally, the label specifies the date that the book was signed, so what day is that on a pre-signed book with no witness and the person who signed it not even there to vouch for it?  There is a green label for a reason. Anyhow, that’s just my (and 98% of other people’s) opinion.