• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Overstreet next month, big SA movers?
1 1

48 posts in this topic

I didn't get last years edition, so not sure what the bump was last July...but, I'd have to think FF52 should see a pretty good increase (even if it was bumped last year as well).  

Maybe FF5.  That one had some good upswing in the past year.  

Detective 359 picked up some heat last year as well.  

Good thing Overstreet likes to just add 5% to 10% slow and steady growth to comics like FF # 45 1st Inhumans which spiked and then faltered due to lame Inhumans on the dark side of Hawaii tv series. Perhaps FF # 52 Black Panther and BA HoS #92 will  jump a lofty 10% as market reported to Dec, 2017 for Overstreet Price Guide being released in July, 2018.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:45 AM, SECollector said:

Stupid question, but how can someone in Europe get the guide? eBay?

Or you can can get the electronic version from Heritage (www.ha.com).  The Heritage website sells it pretty much as soon as it comes out in physical form.

(I always get both versions - simply love this book!  And I use both versions a lot.)

On 6/21/2018 at 12:47 PM, twmjr1 said:

I still absolutely love looking at each new edition of the OCBPG, even though it's miles from accurate and always has been/will be.  What SA books should we expect to have made big moves in this year's edition?

The Guide is an institution that has helped to make my collecting experience worthwhile one. Looking forward to the 48th Edition...

although it seems like a legit question, you have to realize that everything in there was written around 6 months ago. so it's even less accurate than you might already think. if it were current, it would say that JIM83, TOS39, ASM1, XMEN1 and FF1 have all made strong gains over this past year, at least in most grades. BA books hulk181 has also exploded. 

The 6.0 column is really what my budget allows, so that is what I focus on.  All of these go for way higher than what was listed in the 47th edition:

It has ASM 13 at $423.00,  (101, 194, and 300 are way off as well).

It has X-Men 12 6.0 at $162.00 ?!?  I'd take that in a heart beat!  #14 isn't no $93.00 either. (They should increase the 266 as well.)

On 6/21/2018 at 9:47 AM, twmjr1 said:

I still absolutely love looking at each new edition of the OCBPG, even though it's miles from accurate and always has been/will be.

I was rather surprised that they have been jacking up the prices the past 2 years for some of the HTF books by a much bigger percentage in the lower grades than they have in the higher grades.

Looks like Overstreet is on the right path for these HTF books that fetches huge dollars in low grades and even in entry level grades as they simply never show up in the marketplace in anything close to high grade. (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 7/1/2018 at 1:27 PM, bronze johnny said:

The Guide is an institution that has helped to make my collecting experience worthwhile one. Looking forward to the 48th Edition...

+1

Same here although the info that I get right on these boards here makes all of the market reports dated and rather irrelevant.

These market reports used to be probably my favorite part of the guide back in the day and the summary report by Overstreet used to be the first thing I turned to.  Definitely not so much anymore as I finally managed to trudge my way through to the last report from the boys at Metro just last week.  Figured I better finished them before this year's edition of the guide comes out in about 10 days from now. 

I still absolutely love looking at each new edition of the OCBPG, even though it's miles from accurate and always has been/will be. 

Well, it definitely can't be for the covers as this looks like another year with just absolutely horrid looking covers from Overstreet.  :facepalm:

Any opinions here as to which cover version you will be picking up for this year?

On 7/7/2018 at 11:15 PM, lou_fine said:

+1

Same here although the info that I get right on these boards here makes all of the market reports dated and rather irrelevant.

These market reports used to be probably my favorite part of the guide back in the day and the summary report by Overstreet used to be the first thing I turned to.  Definitely not so much anymore as I finally managed to trudge my way through to the last report from the boys at Metro just last week.  Figured I better finished them before this year's edition of the guide comes out in about 10 days from now. 

Like you, the market reports used to be one of my favorite things about the guide. Some of them are quite useless and not even because they are six months old. Lots of them are very brief and say very little. I also question the inclusion of some of the more recent advisor additions. 

I get the Big! Big! guide. Besides the larger print, the content is all guide, no ads or editorials. Yes, unfortunately, for this day and age of instant gratification, the Overstreet is outdated before it's even printed. The only thing I know of that is even more stale is the CGC Registry points !  Still, you gotta love the Guide.

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it definitely can't be for the covers as this looks like another year with just absolutely horrid looking covers from Overstreet.  :facepalm:

Any opinions here as to which cover version you will be picking up for this year?

This one definitely...

hero_sign_overstreet18_ltr_opt.jpg.77387cd5280a6ad2cc1a3235ed2a1071.jpg

56 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

This one definitely...

hero_sign_overstreet18_ltr_opt.jpg.77387cd5280a6ad2cc1a3235ed2a1071.jpg

I would have love to get one with a Thanos cover.

But somehow, this one just doesn't do it for me as it just seems a bit too simplistic.  I would have much prefer one by Ron Lim in the same classic Thanos style like Silver Surfer 44 or even SS 34 (although less so for the SS 34).  (shrug)

Surprisingly, I took the Hero Initiative Edition copy last year with the Deadpool cover by Liefeld :whatthe:  :whatthe: since the cover artwork reminded me a bit of Gulacy's artwork on Master of Kung Fu which I really loved.  :cloud9:

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I would have love to get one with a Thanos cover.

But somehow, this one just doesn't do it for me as it just seems a bit too simplistic.  I would have much prefer one by Ron Lim in the same classic Thanos style like Silver Surfer 44 or even SS 34 (although less so for the SS 34).  (shrug)

Surprisingly, I took the Hero Initiative Edition copy last year with the Deadpool cover by Liefeld :whatthe:  :whatthe: since the cover artwork reminded me a bit of Gulacy's artwork on Master of Kung Fu which I really loved.  :cloud9:

Agree with you on this one. Not the Thanos cover I have in mind.  

What SA books should we expect to have made big moves in this year's edition?

Well, I guess today's the day you are going to find out the answer to your question here.  (thumbsu

From Overstreet's Top 50 SA books, it looks like the answer for last year was Action 242 and Tales to Astonish 13, both with a 43% increase.  And it looks like the SA winner from the year before that was Brave and Bold 25 with a 40% valuation increase at top of guide.

Almost time to open up the envelope. :taptaptap:

On 7/13/2018 at 12:47 PM, lou_fine said:

Picked up the Apes and Green Lantern/Flash Guides today. Both look really good in hand. 48th Edition! Where did the time go?