• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS Stan Lee CGC's are you holding on to them or selling them?
2 2

72 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2018 at 10:20 PM, miraclemet said:

it's best to compare Stan SS books vs other similar Stan SS books, as they seem to move in the market as their own entity now.

I’m confused about this part of your comment. Wouldn’t you be comparing Stan SS books either way? 

I might just not understand what you mean.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:15 AM, AJCohen said:

Finally got my one and only Stan book. I have never owned a signature book and have always focused more on silver keys but when Stan passed it really hit me hard and I felt I really wanted to honor him by having a book that he was truly involved in, was a Spider-Man book for sure, with a solid grade, earlier signature and good placement. I decided to aim for either ASM 39, 100 or Annual 1. After going back and forth I decided 100 was the one I needed. I have been making the rounds aggressively and am really happy with the one I got. It was priced at $900 which seemed fair when I noticed last GPA sale this month for a 7.0 went for $565 and everyone Seems to have 6.0 up to 7.5 books listed between $1200-$1600 on EBay.

So excited to have this book and even though all my other books are tucked away safely in the dark in boxes, this book will be out and displayed for everyone to enjoy! Just not in direct sunlight and perhaps under special glass. 😉

Thanks so much for everything you gave us Stan. You filled the world with magic and made this 47 year old man feel like a kid.
May his memory forever be a blessing. 
RIP Stan Lee

4D1127CF-FB13-4D51-832A-A05A1B80DDF3.jpeg

Great book! Good one to add Romita to also. I like those tight, smaller 2010 Stan sigs I've seen like that one. Silver ink too. Maybe my favorite ASM cover. Definitely a keeper!

On 6/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, Blastaar said:

I have picked up a number of Stan Lee signed CGC's over the years. For a while I liked the idea of having his signature on a Spidey or FF4 but then I just started picking up ones that had nothing really to do with him. It's horrible I know but I was really getting them to most likely sell for a large profit upon his passing. That made me feel like and along with all this elder abuse allegations and the way he is being pushed around by his handlers I have slowly just started selling them off little to no profit. I've always been more of an artist guy than a Stan fan anyways, might keep one. My question is for those that have signed slabed CGC's of his signature, are you planning on capitalizing after he passes and selling them?

No were going to sell them for the money they are worth. I have 4 key stanlee cgc and I won't sell them for nothing less than 10,000.00 sorry. 

On 6/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, Blastaar said:

I have picked up a number of Stan Lee signed CGC's over the years. For a while I liked the idea of having his signature on a Spidey or FF4 but then I just started picking up ones that had nothing really to do with him. It's horrible I know but I was really getting them to most likely sell for a large profit upon his passing. That made me feel like and along with all this elder abuse allegations and the way he is being pushed around by his handlers I have slowly just started selling them off little to no profit. I've always been more of an artist guy than a Stan fan anyways, might keep one. My question is for those that have signed slabed CGC's of his signature, are you planning on capitalizing after he passes and selling them?

You sound like you have not 1 stanlee cgc...and are upset people rode with cgc...u might have a bunch of COAs.

I have a few books signed by Stan "The Man" Lee and I would not even thinking about selling any of them.

After I pass I hope my kids will cherish those SS books as I did and remember how much their pops loved those old comic books specially the ones he got signed by Stan Lee...

RIP Stan you are truly missed and appreciated.

Edited by TheBook

I don't own a Stan Lee sig, but if I were ever to buy one, I would want one signed on the splash page, not the cover. Are there very many of those out there? (I'd also only want one for which he had written the story.)

Is slabbing the reason why people are getting books signed on the cover now,? To me that's not aesthetically pleasing.

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Is slabbing the reason why people are getting books signed on the cover now,? To me that's not aesthetically pleasing.

Signing on the cover was happening long before CGC was around.  But not sure exactly when/why they got away from the splash page. 

Okay, so I know this comes up a lot, and I know the likely answer. (I also want to add that I think it's highly ironic that this thread started when SL was alive, and then he died shortly thereafter. It's remarkable seeing how the context of the conversation changes overt hat time, LOL) That said, I am curious if anyone here thinks that there's any potential at all that my Dynamic Forces Stan Lee Gold Signature is worth anything at all now that he's passed. It's a one in seven Limited Signature. I know that sounds funny, consider that Stan did anything but limit his sig, but basically it means it was a limited run of Stan's sig on this particular cover (Ant-Man #1, McGuiness shrinking edition, the one that no one of the covers was ever the same, or so DF claimed...) Factory-Sealed with COA. I paid $350.00 for it and a bunch of other comics (special deal) and DF claims it's (as in that one comic alone)  worth '"...at least $699.00." From the way people talk, I'm guessing I'd be lucky to get fifty out of it? >.<

Any help at all on ballparking a value would be awesome !! :)

Edited by williamwhtjr

I have Stan Lee's Disneyland park pass. I am not a collector and would like input as to the proper forum in which I can surmise it's value. If this is not the place, please accept my apologies. Any input is welcome. Thank you.

PicsArt_08-06-04.53.50.jpg

On 11/16/2018 at 8:33 AM, Cushing Fan said:

I've sent some of my books for Stan Lee to sign in the past for the CGC signature series. I eventually sold them as I preferred the look of a clean, unsigned cover. Now that Lee has passed, I feel like I would like to own another book signed by him but I am going to wait a while for the market to hopefully readjust itself. 

Good Luck with the that, Stan Lee Signed books are stil climbing, especially on the older books he actually really worked on and it’s been almost 9 months now. I don’t think the market will ever readjust itself. 

On 8/7/2019 at 4:53 AM, Brett Barrett said:

Good Luck with the that, Stan Lee Signed books are stil climbing, especially on the older books he actually really worked on and it’s been almost 9 months now. I don’t think the market will ever readjust itself. 

It will eventually, but at the moment a lot of people are in no rush to sell them off. Trickle a few here and there out and the demand will remain as well as the price.

Stan's signature on some books will always add value. Yes, he signed a ton of stuff, but when you combine his signature with a special book (a silver age he worked on, a key). People always crapped on how many books he signed, but having a key Spider-man book with the creator of Spider-man on it will have value. Having a Funko Pop with his signature? That I believe will not hold value, but who knows.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:15 PM, AJCohen said:

Finally got my one and only Stan book. I have never owned a signature book and have always focused more on silver keys but when Stan passed it really hit me hard and I felt I really wanted to honor him by having a book that he was truly involved in, was a Spider-Man book for sure, with a solid grade, earlier signature and good placement. I decided to aim for either ASM 39, 100 or Annual 1. After going back and forth I decided 100 was the one I needed. I have been making the rounds aggressively and am really happy with the one I got. It was priced at $900 which seemed fair when I noticed last GPA sale this month for a 7.0 went for $565 and everyone Seems to have 6.0 up to 7.5 books listed between $1200-$1600 on EBay.

So excited to have this book and even though all my other books are tucked away safely in the dark in boxes, this book will be out and displayed for everyone to enjoy! Just not in direct sunlight and perhaps under special glass. 😉

Thanks so much for everything you gave us Stan. You filled the world with magic and made this 47 year old man feel like a kid.
May his memory forever be a blessing. 
RIP Stan Lee

4D1127CF-FB13-4D51-832A-A05A1B80DDF3.jpeg

This is such a nice book and nice sig. I had this same book signed by him, but he used silver and signed over Spidey's face. I was so pissed. After that, I always got Stan's signatures myself or window boxed.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:37 AM, kevhtx said:

Stan's signature on some books will always add value. Yes, he signed a ton of stuff, but when you combine his signature with a special book (a silver age he worked on, a key). People always crapped on how many books he signed, but having a key Spider-man book with the creator of Spider-man on it will have value. Having a Funko Pop with his signature? That I believe will not hold value, but who knows.

Wait... what you say??😫😩😱 I’m done for!! 🤔

78FC50BE-AD42-4940-B58E-5AD1DD16B75D.jpeg

8 hours ago, Game7 said:

Wait... what you say??😫😩😱 I’m done for!! 🤔

78FC50BE-AD42-4940-B58E-5AD1DD16B75D.jpeg

damn some dude scribbled all over that cool funko :tonofbricks:

On 3/12/2019 at 7:56 PM, williamblood said:

i recently bought a stan lee signed book for my pc, ive noticed cgc lists signing date of 11/7/2018. anyone know of a later signing date? 

ff1.thumb.jpg.7949ddb10ff2f002316b74a6204b1b31.jpg

Wow, that is definitely in the running for one of Stan's last signings!

On 9/10/2019 at 9:58 AM, jcjames said:

Wow, that is definitely in the running for one of Stan's last signings!

ive done alot of looking, and have yet to see or hear of a later date. considering he passed like 2-3 days later its not surprising. ive asked cgc but never got a answer to it.