Avengers 7 & Ms. Marvel
1 1

10 posts in this topic

7 posts

Hi all, new to all of this.  Trying to get an idea of the condition of a few comic books here from people who have the knowledge.  Worth grading these?

Avengers 7 Back Cover.jpg

Avengers 7 Front Cover.jpg

Ms. Marvel 1 back Cover.jpg

Ms. Marvel 1 Front Cover.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,272 posts

5.0 on avengers, 5.0 unless water stain goes thru pages on Ms Marvel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,495 posts

I think The Avengers is a 6.0 already, perhaps a 6.5. Ms. M  agreed on 5.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts

Thank you everyone! This has been really helpful! One last question for anyone who sees this....if they smell like a basement how much does that impact grading?  Should I get them dry cleaned? Is it worth the dry cleaning and the grading costs considering the condition they are in now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,618 posts
22 minutes ago, JennyG13 said:

Thank you everyone! This has been really helpful! One last question for anyone who sees this....if they smell like a basement how much does that impact grading?  Should I get them dry cleaned? Is it worth the dry cleaning and the grading costs considering the condition they are in now?

Smell can hurt the grade. Overstreet mentions odor in their grading guidelines. It can turn buyers off. On a nice, dry, sunny day, try leaving them outdoors, sheltered from birds flying overhead. Some people recommend unscented fabric sheets to help remove smells. Some people enclose the books in comic bags and put that in or on top of kitty litter. 

I would not dry clean or certify those comics, especially the Ms. Marvel. You might be able to sell them here, especially if you have a forum member who can vouch for you.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,104 posts
On 6/22/2018 at 7:43 AM, Gnasher said:

I think The Avengers is a 6.0 already, perhaps a 6.5. Ms. M  agreed on 5.5

Looking at these again, I agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,797 posts
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Smell can hurt the grade. Overstreet mentions odor in their grading guidelines. It can turn buyers off. On a nice, dry, sunny day, try leaving them outdoors, sheltered from birds flying overhead. Some people recommend unscented fabric sheets to help remove smells. Some people enclose the books in comic bags and put that in or on top of kitty litter. 

I would not dry clean or certify those comics, especially the Ms. Marvel. You might be able to sell them here, especially if you have a forum member who can vouch for you.

I had a similar problem with smoke on a set of books. Open the books and air them out. You can use some Bounce sheets as well leaving them in the pages for a day or two.
It will take several weeks, but the smell will go away or lessen to the point that you have to really pay attention to smell it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1