• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics # 54

3 posts in this topic

I sent a copy of CAC# 54 with white to offwhite pages missing the centerfold to CGC. It came back as a .5 with a note: missing centerfold/ affects storyline. I was expecting to get a qualified grade  but I see why it was graded as a .5 incomplete. I had a #40 in similar condition that came back as a 5.0 without the missing centerfold.When would a comic come back as qualified and not a .5 blue label? Also, does anyone out there know how to find centerfolds and other incomple books that I may be able to use to complete my copy? Thanks in advance for any info.    

I was wondering about this one myself.  I have a Batman 9 missing the centerfold, and am leery of sending it to CGC if it will only get a 0.5.

As for finding the centerfold, my advice is to get a coverless copy and take it from there.  You can always sell the rest of it, to recoup some of the cost.