• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kelowna Comics Collectibles Expo Aug. 25-26, 2018 Matt Banning & Denise Crosby in BC, Canada
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Expanding to a two (2) day Comic and Collectibles Expo in downtown Kelowna, British Columbia (BC), Canada at Kelowna Curling Club 551 Recreation Avenue off of Ellis St. Should be about eighty (80) vendor's booths plus up to 100 independent press artists, inkers, painters, anime illustrators. Comic guest of honor is inker Matt Banning (BATT) of DC (Batman Rebirth) and Image Comics (Cyberforce). Media guest of honor is Denise Crosby (Star Trek: Next Generation).

Admission is $20 for Saturday, $15 for Sunday or $30 for a weekend pass. Kids 8 or under FREE admission with paying parent/guardian. There will be a Cosplay contest on Saturday evening for family fun. Kelowna is a 4 hour drive from Vancouver, BC or an 8 hour drive from Calgary, Alberta (AB). Updates and convention hotel discount here: Kelowna (BC) C.C. Expo info & guests

I will be selling at an end cap as 'Comic Adventures' booths A-1 which is immediately across from Kelowna comic-con Expo's center entry gate. If one turns left, they will be walking down the aisle of artist alley or if they turn towards the left wall, that is where the media and sci-fi guests will be signing. Admission for the Sat. is $20 or reduced to $15 for Sunday. Hours open to the public are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.

WxrzYV2.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:41 AM, Fan Boy said:

Highlights what you have seen? :popcorn:

Did it succeed to go into next year’s show?

Kelowna Expo show will grow next year so I recommend you and your buddy join in the fun in summer, 2019 (dates to be announced). Highlight was my booth 'Comic Adventures:'

Kb86EFz.jpg

No food trucks until summer, 2019 Expo. 45 min line up for nachos for lunch. ATM ran out of funds after Sat. Free parking. New customers, friendly folk from Kelowna, Penticton, Sicamous, Abbotsford, and tourist from England who bought a SA DC. No shoplifters, and Sunday attendance flat-lined compared to Sat. per usual trend for a 1st time 2 day Expo in a relatively small city.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

First time I ever saw a comic press close up from Victoria, BC:

sk2RBSB.jpg?1

Bought a 2 page original from Diana Greenhalgh of X-men: Apocalypse computer colored print where she had inked in the central X-men characters and villian for a nominal price.

SE0Jsi6.jpg

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

18 hours ago, kimik said:

How were your sales at the show? I might be tempted to set up next year. room for my wife's wine purchases. lol 

Sunday's retail sales were as flaccid as greggy. Hotels a bit spendy averaging $175/night during peak summer weekend in Kelowna. Fine variety of wineries to visit in West Kelowna for your spouse who will surely spend more $$ on vino than you do restocking comics.

Watch out for smoke from wild fires plus the hwy near Sicamous was closed for over 3 hours so some vendors arrived very late for Friday dealer set up. About 8 hr drive from Calgary so farther from Edmonton.

Kelowna expo had a very nice Walking Dead and Stargate display plus co-sponsorship from Kelowna library.

3uEVY2Z.jpg?1