• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GARY ARLINGTON EC'S, IN THE CLOSET SINCE 1971
3 3

196 posts in this topic

WEIRD SCIENCE #15
Grade: 5.0 VG/FN
Price: $450

NOV 1950; (#4) Cream to off white pages. Feldstein's classic War of the Worlds cover artwork is matched only by the cover story inside. Other contributors to this issue are Harvey Kurtzman, Graham Ingels and Jack Kamen. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_15_5_20180217.jpg

Just now, Bunky Brian said:

WEIRD SCIENCE #15
Price: $450

NOV 1950; (#4) Cream to off white pages. Feldstein's classic War of the Worlds cover artwork is matched only by the cover story inside. Other contributors to this issue are Harvey Kurtzman, Graham Ingels and Jack Kamen. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_15_5_20180217.jpg

Take

WEIRD SCIENCE #15
Grade: 6.5 FN +
Price: $350

SEP 1952; Cream to off white pages. Water mark inside pages. Wally Wood dinosaur/rocket ship cover. Wood, Al Williamson/Roy Krenkel, Jack Kamen, and Joe Orlando art. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_15_65_20180217.jpg

weirdsci_15_65_ifc_20180217.jpg
weirdsci_15_65_cf_20180217.jpg
weirdsci_15_65_ibc_20180217.jpg
weirdsci_15_65_bc_20180217.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE #16
Grade: 5.5 FN -
Price: $300

NOV 1952; Cream to off white pages. Half inch tape inside front cover. Cover by Wally Wood. Art by Wood, Al Williamson, Jack Kamen, and Joe Orlando. One page ad for Mad Magazine #1. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_16_55_20180217.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE #17
Price: $250

JAN 1953; Cream to off white pages. Another killer-alien cover done by the incredible Wally Wood graces this legendary book, which also includes artwork by Jack Kamen and Al Williamson. As an added bonus, this issue was also used in the infamous Parade of Pleasure. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_17_5_20180217.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE #19
Grade: 4.5 VG +
Price: $350

MAY 1953; Cream to off white pages. A creepy outer-space cover by Wally Wood (one of his best genres!) wraps this cool comic. The book also contains a Ray Bradbury adaption and biography. The interior art is by Wood, Al Williamson (with a Frank Frazetta assist, no less), Bill Elder, and Joe Orlando. This book was mentioned in the infamous Seduction of the Innocent, by Dr. Fredric Wertham. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_19_45_20180217.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE #21

SEP 1953; Cream to off white pages. William Gaines and Al Feldstein appear in a story inside this issue with a Wally Wood cover and art. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_21_55_20180217.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY #24
Grade: 4.5 VG +

JUN 1954; Cream to off white pages. Harlan Ellison's first professional story, 'Upheaval,' is in this issue. The teenage Ellison must have been thrilled to see his work illustrated by no less a talent than Al Williamson! The story was actually a recycled fanzine story which the writer proceeded to recycle a few more times, most notably as an episode of TV's 'Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea.' The issue also has art by Wally Wood, Joe Orlando, and Bernard Krigstein. The cover is by Al Feldstein. Small amount of tape inside cover. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdscifant_24_45_2018021.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY #26
Grade: 6.0 FN

SEP 1954; Cream to off white pages. One inch tape on spine. This is the 'Special Flying Saucer Report' issue, featuring all incidents based on 'true' stories. The flying saucer cover and a story inside are by Al Feldstein. Atomic explosion panels. Wally Wood, Reed Crandall, George Evans, and Joe Orlando art. Tape on spine. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdscifant_26_6_20180217.jpg

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY #26
Grade: 6.0 FN

SEP 1954; Cream to off white pages. One inch tape on spine. This is the 'Special Flying Saucer Report' issue, featuring all incidents based on 'true' stories. The flying saucer cover and a story inside are by Al Feldstein. Atomic explosion panels. Wally Wood, Reed Crandall, George Evans, and Joe Orlando art. Tape on spine. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdscifant_26_6_20180217.jpg

Take

this be the last one,

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY #29
Price: $550

JUN 1955; Cream to off white pages. Classic Frank Frazetta cover. Last pre-code issue. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdscifant_29_55_2018021.jpg

this be the last one,

WEIRD SCIENCE-FANTASY #29
Price: $550

JUN 1955; Cream to off white pages. Classic Frank Frazetta cover. Last pre-code issue. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdscifant_29_55_2018021.jpg

Take

2 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES #4
Grade: 7.0 FN/VF
Price: $400

AUG 1952; Off white to white pages. Like many EC comics, this one had the dubious honor of being featured in Seduction of the Innocent. The cover is by Wally Wood, and the interior art is by Wood, Jack Kamen, Joe Orlando, and Jack Davis. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

shocksus_4_7_20180217.jpg

Take

Hey David, your right hitting the refresh did bring the image up (worship)

that was fun, we all kinda bonded, and nobody else ruined the party LOL

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, THE ACTION IS ON YOU THE BUYER, TO COPY AND PASTE, THE BOOK(S) TITLE # GRADE AND PRICE, AND SEND TO ME PM PLEASE.

EVERYBODY PLAY NICE, IF YOU WERE LATE AND DID NOT GET A BOOK, BE RESPECTFUL OF THE BOARDIE THAT DID, THANKS, BRIAN

I CAN AND WILL COMBINE AND SEND YOU INVOICE IF YOU WANT, THROUGH PAYPAL, OR ITS YOUR CHOICE HOW YOU WANT TO PAY,

SELLER DID NOTIFY THAT HE CAME ACROSS ANOTHER LOAD OF 100 EC, SO I EXPECT TO GET THEM IN THE NEXT WEEK,

THANKS AGAIN, BRIAN

7 minutes ago, Bunky Brian said:

Hey David, your right hitting the refresh did bring the image up (worship)

that was fun, we all kinda bonded, and nobody else ruined the party LOL

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, THE ACTION IS ON YOU THE BUYER, TO COPY AND PASTE, THE BOOK(S) TITLE # GRADE AND PRICE, AND SEND TO ME PM PLEASE.

EVERYBODY PLAY NICE, IF YOU WERE LATE AND DID NOT GET A BOOK, BE RESPECTFUL OF THE BOARDIE THAT DID, THANKS, BRIAN

I CAN AND WILL COMBINE AND SEND YOU INVOICE IF YOU WANT, THROUGH PAYPAL, OR ITS YOUR CHOICE HOW YOU WANT TO PAY,

SELLER DID NOTIFY THAT HE CAME ACROSS ANOTHER LOAD OF 100 EC, SO I EXPECT TO GET THEM IN THE NEXT WEEK,

THANKS AGAIN, BRIAN

That was a blast last Brian. Thanks so much. Feeling lucky I logged on when I did. And I really had to control myself. I’m suppose to be saving for a grail. Ugh!