• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GARY ARLINGTON EC'S, IN THE CLOSET SINCE 1971
3 3

196 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:
3 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

ACES HIGH #3
Grade: 6.0 FN
Price: $150

AUG 1955; Off white to white pages. A great George Evans WWI Zeppelin cover and interior art by classic EC artists Jack Davis, George Evans, Wally Wood and Bernard Krigstein. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

aces_3_6_20180217.jpg

Take it!  Zeppelins :luhv:

No, no - parachutes! :luhv: 

Sorry, I missed these two books

TALES FROM THE CRYPT #25
Grade: 5.0 VG/FN
Price: $350

AUG 1951; Cream to off white pages. Al Feldstein does one of his six covers for the title, which evolved from The Crypt of Terror, which evolved from Crime Patrol, which evolved from International Crime Patrol, which evolved from International Comics (whew!). We think they finally got it right with the final name! Jack Davis, Graham Ingels, Wally Wood, and Jack Kamen make the insides as good as the outside. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

tftc_25_5_20180217.jpg

last one

TALES FROM THE CRYPT #26
Grade: 5.5 FN -

OCT 1951; Cream to off white. One half inch tape inside spine. The book has the distinction of sporting Wally Woods second cover for EC. The comics lead story, drawn by Jack Davis, features an artist who thinks he is been underpaid, and in true EC fashion, the guy has got a plan to exact revenge. Other artists include standby Graham Ingels, plus Golden Age stalwarts H. L. Larsen and George Roussos. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

tftc_26_55_20180217.jpg

41 minutes ago, Bunky Brian said:

Sorry, I missed these two books

TALES FROM THE CRYPT #25

AUG 1951; Cream to off white pages. Al Feldstein does one of his six covers for the title, which evolved from The Crypt of Terror, which evolved from Crime Patrol, which evolved from International Crime Patrol, which evolved from International Comics (whew!). We think they finally got it right with the final name! Jack Davis, Graham Ingels, Wally Wood, and Jack Kamen make the insides as good as the outside. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

tftc_25_5_20180217.jpg

Take

9 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES #5

OCT 1952; Cream to off white pages. The dramatic hanging cover is by Wally Wood, and the interior art by Wood, Jack Davis, Jack Kamen, and Joe Orlando. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

shocksus_5_5_20180217.jpg

:takeit:

6 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

WEIRD SCIENCE #16
Price: $300

NOV 1952; Cream to off white pages. Half inch tape inside front cover. Cover by Wally Wood. Art by Wood, Al Williamson, Jack Kamen, and Joe Orlando. One page ad for Mad Magazine #1. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

weirdsci_16_55_20180217.jpg

:takeit:

11 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

last one

TALES FROM THE CRYPT #26

OCT 1951; Cream to off white. One half inch tape inside spine. The book has the distinction of sporting Wally Woods second cover for EC. The comics lead story, drawn by Jack Davis, features an artist who thinks he is been underpaid, and in true EC fashion, the guy has got a plan to exact revenge. Other artists include standby Graham Ingels, plus Golden Age stalwarts H. L. Larsen and George Roussos. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

tftc_26_55_20180217.jpg

Take

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I don't think Gary ever got a TOT Annual #1. It was the one book that eluded him I believe.

Robot Man, you are correct.  I remember at the last Wonder Con in SF, Gary was looking for a TOT 1.  He had several strokes by then and was in a wheel chair. He was a real colorful guy.  I always considered him to be the ageless hippie.

18 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

CRIME SUSPENSTORIES #20
Grade: 7.5 VF -
Price: $1,000

DEC 1953; Off White pages. Does it get any better? Indelibly etched in the minds of collectors, this cover by Johnny Craig will always be considered a classic. Used in Seduction of the Innocent by Dr. Frederick Wertham, this is generally considered one of the most egregious examples of over-the-top '50s horror. From the Gary Arlington collection, known for bright colors and supple pages. COA included.

CS_20_75_20180217.jpg

Best book in the thread! The colors on that one are the best I've ever seen. Congrats on the quick trigger finger Ed. I was a little late to the party or I would have been all over it...:banana:

55 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

Robot Man, you are correct.  I remember at the last Wonder Con in SF, Gary was looking for a TOT 1.  He had several strokes by then and was in a wheel chair. He was a real colorful guy.  I always considered him to be the ageless hippie.

Yeah, Gary was a very cool guy and very passionate about the hobby and EC. I visited his shop in the early '70s several times. Saw Jerry Garcia in there once!