• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Silver Surfer Collecting Thread
11 11

326 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2019 at 8:27 PM, billbrown7080 said:

any body got a rough estimate what the total value of this SS collection is....so impressive

I mean ball park, I would think roughly $30K give or take.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 3/18/2019 at 8:33 PM, billbrown7080 said:

I LOVE THESE....

Not Graded but look Insanely Nice...that #55 looks incredible....

Thanks Bill.  But honestly I don't know how low the dollar point is i want to go on slabbing these books.  I think I only have about 8 more to slab in my mini "collection" and that is because i keep kicking out books with defects.  I am honestly tired with low grades and I would like to see a high grade for a change.  That is not the way it works though is it?  I hope to kick Bomber Bob but plus a few more collectors with this basically unremarkable but rare book...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8c5.jpg.11586ce410733dc55e2e583fd4eeb9a5.jpg

Competition is fun.

Nothing beats a sharp looking old comic bagged in mylar and protected by a buffering fullback.  Maybe when you're ready to sell, it makes sense to have graded and slabbed the ones that are worth it financially.

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

Thanks Bill.  But honestly I don't know how low the dollar point is i want to go on slabbing these books.  I think I only have about 8 more to slab in my mini "collection" and that is because i keep kicking out books with defects.  I am honestly tired with low grades and I would like to see a high grade for a change.  That is not the way it works though is it?  I hope to kick Bomber Bob but plus a few more collectors with this basically unremarkable but rare book...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8c5.jpg.11586ce410733dc55e2e583fd4eeb9a5.jpg

Competition is fun.

is your FF collection This nice and This high of grades from like #20 On?

On 3/19/2019 at 8:33 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I mean ball park, I would think roughly $30K give or take.

well theres a #1 9.6 like mine but with OW/W pages  on comicconnect  with an offer of 15K mine has white pages. the #4 would go for 5k the #6 is top census all by itself and so is the 14. so that would roughly be 30k  right there give or take. just saying:sumo:

10 hours ago, comicgrinder said:

well theres a #1 9.6 like mine but with OW/W pages  on comicconnect  with an offer of 15K mine has white pages. the #4 would go for 5k the #6 is top census all by itself and so is the 14. so that would roughly be 30k  right there give or take. just saying:sumo:

Yeah you’re right I under hit. Although I have a tough time taking offers on ComicLink and comicconnect as gospel. I know for a fact people inflate prices on both through their respective buy it now best offer options as you can see the offers publicly. I’m not saying the $15K offer isn’t legit as I have no proof otherwise, but I know it happens. A blue label 9.6 sold on eBay at auction for $8600 recently, and I don’t believe a Stan signed copy is worth double a blue label, but I actually thought that was a freak sale and not the norm for a blue label 9.6. Anyway, that book aside you’re right I under hit on some of those to say the least. I actually think the #4 is more like $7K.