• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo Comic Con Report - June 2018
1 1

74 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

I seem to always find out there was a con in Buffalo the day after it happened!

I posted info abt this con about 10 days ago in the events section of this web site. anyway why would you want to come to buffalo when you had a con in Toronto on sunday the 24ht as well??

21 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20180624_104927028.thumb.jpg.d661e78ad4164978e65a43e493680134.jpg

21 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20180624_110735357.thumb.jpg.6e5b9b5e307438cf04e1e2d8072b614a.jpg

IMG_20180624_110733026.thumb.jpg.e5bebfd6c615509bc343cb69b23aed21.jpg

20 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20180624_112420519.thumb.jpg.986726689957afafdc6908f6445390f2.jpg

20 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20180624_123808570.thumb.jpg.e7dbc7fe51953a51db2a52ae957e67a0.jpg

My favorite photos.  Dude in pumpkin and Cap saluting are classic.  Thanks for sharing.  

Edited by ThothAmon

26 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

"Oh, man, what am I ever going to do with this drek?  Why did I ever buy it?"

Into everyman's life, some drek will fall.  :preach:

5 hours ago, anstettoman said:

anyway why would you want to come to buffalo when you had a con in Toronto on sunday the 24ht as well??

Because dealers are generally there to sell not buy, books are much cheaper, I've had a higher ratio of buying success compared to the one-day Toronto show, I really dig that Marriott off of Millersport, and the everyday humdrum American restaurants in the area are actually exotic to us Canadians.

19 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

anyway why would you want to come to buffalo when you had a con in Toronto on sunday the 24ht as well??

Because dealers are generally there to sell not buy, books are much cheaper, I've had a higher ratio of buying success compared to the one-day Toronto show, I really dig that Marriott off of Millersport, and the everyday humdrum American restaurants in the area are actually exotic to us Canadians.

This was a very good buying show for me. 

This would be a great show to test my concept. Show up at 2 PM with five grand in cash. Go to a guy and say "Here's five thousand dollars. I want twenty thousand dollars stickered books for this five thousand dollars, and I get to pick them." See what happens.

5 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
25 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

This was a very good buying show for me. 

(thumbsu

I should have been regularly checking the dates for this show.

Nothing against the shows in Toronto but, lately, it feels that there is an overwhelming competition among everyone to find the deals in the room before anyone else does. It's all keys, keys, keys, and too many cattle grazing the field. Don't get that feeling in Buffalo, and that's why I like to migrate there for a comic fix. It's much more laid back.

10 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

This would be a great show to test my concept. Show up at 2 PM with five grand in cash. Go to a guy and say "Here's five thousand dollars. I want twenty thousand dollars stickered books for this five thousand dollars, and I get to pick them." See what happens.

At one of the local Harper shows a guy was walking around offering to buy all the wall books from people but he was offering 1/2 asking price.  I think he got a couple takers.  Highly doubt people are that hard up or have that inflated of prices that they would allow cherry picking for 1/4 asking but you never know without asking.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:29 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I don't know why anyone would agree to that in this market, unless their best books were priced at 4 x market value already. I can maybe see buying the entire table for that amount, but cherry-picking their best books?