• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo Comic Con Report - June 2018
1 1

74 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, october said:

I don't know why anyone would agree to that in this market, unless their best books were priced at 4 x market value already. I can maybe see buying the entire table for that amount, but cherry-picking their best books?

Who knows. Worth a shot though to see if the allure of the cash would work.

17 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Fair enough. You might run into someone just looking to clear out.

7 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

would be funny if the guy accepted but made a counter-offer: "I accept but you must take it ALL" and then you look and see boxes upon boxes of lousy dollar books.

Quick story:  A dealer unknown to me had a pile of $4 books.   An Eerie seemed interesting so I picked it up and started to take it out of the bag. The dealer says, "Let me do that", and I hand the bagged and boarded book to him.

He tape pulls the cover. 

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Quick story:  A dealer unknown to me had a pile of $4 books.   An Eerie seemed interesting so I picked it up and started to take it out of the bag. The dealer says, "Let me do that", and I hand the bagged and boarded book to him.

He tape pulls the cover. 

than what happened? 

11 minutes ago, NoMan said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

He tape pulls the cover. 

than what happened? 

He started to hand the raw, tape pulled book to me, I smiled and said, "No thanks.". 

25 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

He started to hand the raw, tape pulled book to me, I smiled and said, "No thanks.". 

ouch. I tape pulled an EC comic when I was a kid. It's traumatized me to this day. I request the dealer pull the tape off when I inspected a book. Thank you. 

Edited by NoMan

On 6/25/2018 at 7:11 PM, Robot Man said:
On 6/24/2018 at 10:34 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20180624_111438552.thumb.jpg.eadae239a980886b452de31630f4b3ca.jpg

"Oh, man, what am I ever going to do with this drek?  Why did I ever buy it?"

This guy was so well organized that if you asked for a title he would check his inventory pages and be able to tell you what box it was in because they were all numbered. Buying this from him for a buck made the show for me:

696565853_GhostRider(1990)92.thumb.jpg.928e3b30031640829d7f7d288ee6c410.jpg

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

On 6/25/2018 at 10:13 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

This was a very good buying show for me. 

I spent more time walking around and searching than actually buying comics. I decided to save some money for an All-American Men of War #127 eBay auction ending the next day which unsurprisingly far exceeded any max bid I could have placed on it :cry:

13 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

This guy was so well organized that if you asked for a title he would check his inventory pages and be able to tell you what box it was in because they were all numbered. Buying this from him for a buck made the show for me:

696565853_GhostRider(1990)92.thumb.jpg.928e3b30031640829d7f7d288ee6c410.jpg

Edited by anstettoman
forgot my comment sorry

damn. I saw this one but didn't take the extra step to ck out if I had any value........got to get with the program but I must've gotten there before you when I picked up the adam legend of the blue marvel #1,3,4 for $1 each......

1 hour ago, anstettoman said:

damn. I saw this one but didn't take the extra step to ck out if I had any value........got to get with the program but I must've gotten there before you when I picked up the adam legend of the blue marvel #1,3,4 for $1 each......

I didn't buy Ghost Rider #92 just to flip it. I am actually trying to complete the set for my personal collection :sumo:

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell