• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the most you ever spent on a comic for your collection and not for selling?
4 4

53 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, catman76 said:

I probably have the lowest highest price I ever paid for a comic of anyone on here. I paid 50 bucks for my copy of Suspense Comics #11 around 1996 or 97. I haven't paid that much for a comic before or since, but I knew I wouldn't ever have a chance to get another copy that cheap.

I've got you beat. Maybe 15 years ago I paid $18 for a beat up copy of Fantastic Four #25. The cover comes right off.

ff25frontsmall.jpg

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

these numbers are so small. Surprises me when I know people have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on books.

I guess the big boys have not seen this thread yet....

Think many won't post due to modesty or a desire for privacy.

It's like putting that empty box for your new 65" TV on the curb or posting that you are going on vacation for two weeks on Facebook and hoping no one with malicious intent notices.

-bc

16 minutes ago, bc said:

Think many won't post due to modesty or a desire for privacy.

It's like putting that empty box for your new 65" TV on the curb or posting that you are going on vacation for two weeks on Facebook and hoping no one with malicious intent notices.

-bc

Perhaps.

Maybe I can get things rolling in a different direction. I purchased an Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 3.0 for $6200.00 in Feb 2013.

Edited by Artboy99

a good percentage of the GA forum dont venture over here, and they in general dont feel the need to whip anything out to show how big of a purchase they made... 

I generally keep my spending on books to the $500-700 per book range, and there are a few in my sig line. 

I went over $900 on this one last year. 

WsMPIZb.jpg

and after a few regrettable sales from a few years ago that have skyrocketed, Im not selling ANY of the books in my collection (some fringe stuff sure, but nothing in the "meat and potatoes" section)

Edited by miraclemet