• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grader Notes Question (Rockford Pedigree)

12 posts in this topic

Hello and thanks to anyone who feels obligated or bored enough to answer....

So my question is my father and I took a flyer and possibly an educated guess on a high end book. It's encapsulated in the "old blue label" and is from a prominent collection (Rockford Pedigree) which I cant wait to share the before and afters from CCS & CGC. The graders notes are listed below was wondering what anyone might think of the overall chances for increase in grade given the type of imperfections. We feel there is room for improvement but its really a shoot I guess.

Regards,

Jason

Pedigree: Rockford
Page Quality: OFF-WHITE
Grade Date: 05/21/2002
Category: Universal

Art Comments:

Jack Kirby and Alfred Bester stories
Jack Burnley, Bernard Baily and Mort
Meskin art, Jack Kirby cover and art

Key Comments:

Last Manhunter by Simon and Kirby.
Last Starman by Jack Burnley.

Grader Notes: Left Top Back Cover Crease
Left Top Back Cover Lite Bend
Right Bottom Front Cover Small Crease
Right Center Front Cover Lite Shadow
Spine Stress Lines

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by batmanfan13

I like this book---an attractive copy with the additional allure of a Pedigree. But I personally wouldn't crack it out unless I wanted a new label and/or outer holder for it. Of course, it's ultimately your decision---if you decide to have it pressed and regraded, I wish you the best of luck...:wishluck:

Edited by The Lions Den
Additional info added

Hey thanks everyone. We got such a great deal on it I think we will see what happens as for the new holder and label no worries. I contacted CCS in regards to the pedigree as we normally send our books to the Restoration Lab. They said basiclly in a nut shell as long as we receive the book in its case the pedigree will follow it as we will be the ones to verify it. I'm thinking 9.2 but who knows!

7 hours ago, Serpentor said:

How did this turn out?  I have a pedigree book that I am considering sending to CCS for pressing and regrading, and I am curious how your experience went.  How long did the whole process take, and what grade did you get?

This may be a situation where he didn't come back because the results were not stellar.

On 6/27/2018 at 12:38 AM, faster friends said:

I’m surprised it got an 8.5 with that dust shadow. 

I don’t see it getting any better than that. Heck, do not be surprised if it goes down.

I have seen 9.4s from the GA with similar shadows. (shrug)

On 6/28/2018 at 4:25 AM, october said:

Best of luck. They were not kind to the Rockford I had graded last week because of the shadows. 

Maybe CGC have tightened up on this defect?