• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edmonton Expo - September 21-23, 2018
1 1

111 posts in this topic

Sunday seemed busy enough.  It was nice to be able to see Neal Adams there and get a couple autographed books for my collection.  It's too bad they had so many guest cancellations (Katie Cassidy, Katee Sackoff, Karl Urban and Jason Momoa) - was going to go on Saturday to see Jason, but didn't bother when he cancelled.  Hopefully they have better luck with their guests next year.

I didn't mind the set up this year because there were booths with comics in either room, instead of 99% of them being in the one room.  I really didn't find a lot that I was looking for, but I never expect to at conventions.

The show was fun. Sales were brisk Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday they took a dip since the crowd was predominantly Dr. Who fans there to see the most popular Dr. Who TV series actor (don't remember his name lol ). It was an interesting crowd - normally you will see patterns of what is hot/in demand over multiple day shows, but this one was all over the place. One day you had the latest Artgerm cover variants (Catwoman 3, for example) sell as fast as you put them out, and the next day they were ice cold and did not sell. 

People had trouble finding our new location at first which was a bit of a nuisance, but I put in a request to be located next to Comicage, Harley Yee and Jerry Ross next year so hopefully we will be back in the other hall. I do not mind going head to head with them since our grades and prices will be better. 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I put in a request to be located next to Comicage, Harley Yee and Jerry Ross next year so hopefully we will be back in the other hall. I do not mind going head to head with them since our grades and prices will be better. 

So that crook Jerry Ross (ex of 1,000,000 Comics?) actually showed his face in AB?

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

So that crook Jerry Ross (ex of 1,000,000 Comics?) actually showed his face in AB?

Yes, Jerry was here.

Harley Yee also snagged a collection that was not shopped locally. The best book was a beaten up X-Men #1. The owner contacted dealers in the OSPG instead of shopping it here. I am certain I would have paid more for it.

10 hours ago, kimik said:

The show was fun. Sales were brisk Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday they took a dip since the crowd was predominantly Dr. Who fans there to see the most popular Dr. Who TV series actor (don't remember his name lol ). It was an interesting crowd - normally you will see patterns of what is hot/in demand over multiple day shows, but this one was all over the place. One day you had the latest Artgerm cover variants (Catwoman 3, for example) sell as fast as you put them out, and the next day they were ice cold and did not sell. 

People had trouble finding our new location at first which was a bit of a nuisance, but I put in a request to be located next to Comicage, Harley Yee and Jerry Ross next year so hopefully we will be back in the other hall. I do not mind going head to head with them since our grades and prices will be better. 

David Tennant