• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edmonton Expo - September 21-23, 2018
1 1

111 posts in this topic

On 8/28/2018 at 1:29 PM, thehumantorch said:

Congrats Ryan.  Tons and tons of keys.

On 8/27/2018 at 12:06 PM, kimik said:

A sneak preview of the new collection for the Edmonton Expo..........................

IMG_1925.thumb.JPG.30f74ebc76d74fe73f104d6078f6732b.JPG

I’ll be set up there for my premiere appearance in Edmonton. Eyeing up that Strange Tales 2 - nice collection!

Thanks. There are a few higher grade copies of ST Ann 2 if you are interested.....the owner had 54 copies of it in total. I only took the slabbed copies and few raws to get a reduced price on the collection. 

What type of stuff are you bringing to the show?

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Thanks. There are a few higher grade copies of ST Ann 2 if you are interested.....the owner had 54 copies of it in total. I only took the slabbed copies and few raws to get a reduced price on the collection. 

What type of stuff are you bringing to the show?

Lots of the usual suspects,  no big grails but will have a couple shortys of slabbed gold similar to what I had at Calgary. 

The collection you bought had over 50 copies of ST Annual 2?

4 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Lots of the usual suspects,  no big grails but will have a couple shortys of slabbed gold similar to what I had at Calgary. 

The collection you bought had over 50 copies of ST Annual 2?

Yes, but I did not take all of the ST Annual 2s. There were 54 including six graded copies. I took the slabbed copies and a couple of raws. The owner also had 30 copies of ST Annual 1, including the Bethlehem copy. Again, I took the slabs and a couple of raws. It was either included the annuals or save some $$$ on the value of the collection. I chose the discounted price since the other SA Marvel runs were what I was after. 

20 hours ago, kimik said:

So..............the organizers finally released their floorplan and we got moved to a worse location for the second straight FanExpo run event in Alberta. Ugh. I am not happy.

I hope they did not put Clobberin' Time in the shadow of the 25' tower of t-shirts where no 1 will see your signage. :kidaround:

21 hours ago, kimik said:

So..............the organizers finally released their floorplan and we got moved to a worse location for the second straight FanExpo run event in Alberta. Ugh. I am not happy, to say the least. 

Agreed.  We've supported these shows for what, 12 years?  Calgary Expo spot was much worse than our previous location that we'd had forever.  Edmonton Expo spot looks equally disappointing.

There must be a number of vendors who drop out each year, wouldn't it make sense to contact long standing vendors and offer them better locations as they come available?  

Ryan, did they give you a reason for our location change?

I just e-mailed Jessica again. She is the person that we are supposed to contact if we have any questions, but she did not respond to my first e-mail. The customer service has been quite poor so far compared to how Ken used to run things for both Calgary and Edmonton. Ken or Mary-Ann would respond within hours of an e-mail, if not minutes.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

We've supported these shows for what, 12 years? Edmonton Expo spot looks equally disappointing. wouldn't it make sense to contact long standing vendors and offer them better locations as they come available?  

Ryan, did they give you a reason for our location change?

Sounds like 12 years of support for Edm and Calgary Expos means nada since this is year 1 with Informa Incorporated, UK. Recommend you read the fine print in case they want you to prepay for Sept, 2019 booths or end cap in case each booth size shrinks :fear: down to 8' x 8' (in small type) like FEV. 

4 hours ago, kimik said:

I just e-mailed Jessica again. She is the person that we are supposed to contact if we have any questions, but she did not respond to my first e-mail. The customer service has been quite poor so far compared to how Ken used to run things for both Calgary and Edmonton. Ken or Mary-Ann would respond within hours of an e-mail, if not minutes.

Yes, Ken and Mary-Ann were always quick to respond and friendly.  

If the booth space shrinks, I will likely not bother going back to Edmonton next year as an exhibitor. Looking at the floorplan, it appears that there are fewer vendors than there were last year. It will be interesting to see how things go if they raise prices and reduce booth sizes going forward.

Just now, kimik said:

If the booth space shrinks, I will likely not bother going back to Edmonton next year as an exhibitor. Looking at the floorplan, it appears that there are fewer vendors than there were last year. It will be interesting to see how things go if they raise prices and reduce booth sizes going forward.

I'd certainly have to reassess this show.  Sales are far less than the Calgary show, the only saving grace is that I don't have to rent a hotel room.

Looking at the Edmonton Expo website they still haven't released a vendor list and their locations in the halls.  

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

What were your best sellers at Red and White con?

We took a box of posters and another box of portfolios, our first real attempt at selling items like that, and they were our best sellers.  Followed by our 50% off section.

Wall books were almost comatose.

I took the long box of DC, the short box of Dell Ducks and other assorted GA, and a long box of lesser Marvel titles/books from the new collection to the show. I sold around 1/3 of each of the of the Marvel and DC longs, and 12 - 15 of the Ducks/GA books (none of the Ducks or GA priced at over $100 though). It was a show where $20 - $40 GA/SA/BA sold well, with a few $100 - $200 items mixed in. I did okay with slow and steady sales of this kind of stuff which is great. Sell the common/lesser books and keep the good stuff.

Edited by kimik

They've been submitted to the website team, waiting for them to be uploaded for Vendors and Artist Alley.

Edmonton Expo 
Sept 21-23
Comic Guest Seating.

By Surname:
FULL NAME NUMBER
NEAL ADAMS 116/118/217/219
LAURIE B! 104/106
MATT BATT BANNING P27
SAMANTHA BEIKO P16
SCOTT CHANTLER P19
KYLE CHARLES P06
AMY CHU P11