• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edmonton Expo - September 21-23, 2018
1 1

111 posts in this topic

I also noticed most of the comic dealers are in hall E.  It's also, technically, the first room attendees will enter from the main entrance / admissions hall and it is right across from the food court. Based on what I'm seeing it looks like a high traffic area. 

The other big vintage comics dealers that we used to be located by - Harley Yee (814), Comicage (802), and JigglyPig (322) - are still in F. They stayed in basically the same spot. Red Skull and some of the others are more focused on trades and modern books, as well as tons of Funko Pops. Being across from Red Skull is a bit of an issue as well if they do their normal set up with walls all around their booth - they block out the view of booths behind them. I guess Tony/Ultimate Key Comics is with us in E, but he has been there the past few years. We will have to wait and see how this goes, I guess, and then change things for next year.

Hopefully all of the new stuff we have picked up over the summer will be enough to attract the crowds in the new location.

Edited by kimik

4 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

There’s actually more comic guys in your room ya hoser

I’m in the other (better?) room up against the wall

You are definitely in the better room. Expect to have Harley and George come by to buy stuff off you during set up.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:13 PM, Quicksilver Signs said:

Being close to Harley and George will definitely make my prices look better

I miss your cheap prices.  I made bank on you from Calgary.

Woot

2 hours ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

I think you bought a high grade Ms Marvel and some other lamo key

And the way he did it is this - scout it out and have you put the books aside on Thursday, haggle/hassle for two days, then after running down the condition and pricing he bought it on Sunday morning........:devil:

1 hour ago, kimik said:

And the way he did it is this - scout it out and have you put the books aside on Thursday, haggle/hassle for two days, then after running down the condition and pricing he bought it on Sunday morning........:devil:

No, I paid his asking price and got out before he realized his mistake. 

I was flying back home on Sunday morning, fool

On 9/20/2018 at 8:34 PM, thehumantorch said:

:/

What are your best-sellers? What issues did you expect to sell but were flaccid like Batman and th'Robin. :cool: Any flyers in Edm cross-promoting Fan Expo Vancouver or requesting that Edm vendors please roll the dice at FEV as there are ample vendor's booths available and wide aisles?

Edited by aardvark88

4 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

What are your best-sellers? What issues did you expect to sell but were flaccid like Batman and th'Robin. :cool: Any flyers in Edm cross-promoting Fan Expo Vancouver or requesting that Edm vendors please roll the dice at FEV as there are ample vendor's booths available and wide aisles?

Had interest in odd stuff like lady death, transformers selling, strange weekend.  Sets we’re dead Friday and Saturday and we took 1/2 of them home last night and now what’s left is going.  Brought some 90s marvel cards we picked up in a collection and almost all the foils and holograms have sold.  Hardcover books were slow.  Just never know what will sell