• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD OUT & CLOSED! GA Large logo Adventure, Detective & Flash Affordable!
2 2

49 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I switched to doing my nails;) that's why I missed the #61;)

That Flash  34 is wonderful, I have one...but someone else needs this one it's scarce, and I've never seen the 61 before

Thanks for the "pimp" Sharon. I know you appreciate these beaters!

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks for the "pimp" Sharon. I know you appreciate these beaters!

I've never been referred to as a "pimp" before, lol...didn't think there were female ones;) 

I do love the books and you remind me of Catrick...my guru for low grade GA.

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I've never been referred to as a "pimp" before, lol...didn't think there were female ones;) 

I do love the books and you remind me of Catrick...my guru for low grade GA.

I mean it in only the most respectful way!  :headbang:

SOLD!

OK, the rest are Detectives

Detective #77 July 1945

Great Simon and Kirby Boy Commandos story

Book is complete. Covers are split and detached. A few small pieces missing from edges as seen in photos. A few small edge tears. First wrap is a little dirty. Interior pages are yellowed but very supple.

$90.

detective77a.jpg

detective77b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Detective #81 Nov 1943

Book is complete. Cover is actually pretty nice on this one with no missing pieces or chipping. Cover is neatly detached from book with no splitting. First two pages of book are detached and some old staples added (that obviously didn't work). There is a 2" x 2-1/2" piece out of bottom of first page that slightly affects a panel. Supple, interior paper. Centerfold attached. Might be a married cover as the cover is a bit shorter on right side.

$75.

detective81a.jpg

detective81b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Detective #81 Nov 1943

Book is complete. Cover is actually pretty nice on this one with no missing pieces or chipping. Cover is neatly detached from book with no splitting. First two pages of book are detached and some old staples added (that obviously didn't work). There is a 2" x 2-1/2" piece out of bottom of first page that slightly affects a panel. Supple, interior paper. Centerfold attached. Might be a married cover as the cover is a bit shorter on right side.

$75.

detective81a.jpg

detective81b.jpg

:takeit:

SOLD!

Detective #87 May 1944

Classic Penguin cover/story

Book is complete. Covers are split and detached from book. A couple very small pieces out at top and bottom by spine. They are a little tanned inside but can be handled carefully with out much problem. Book has tears at single staple and first page is just hanging on. Interior paper is supple but has foxing and is creamy.

$60.

detective87a.jpg

detective87b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Detective #87 May 1944

Classic Penguin cover/story

Book is complete. Covers are split and detached from book. A couple very small pieces out at top and bottom by spine. They are a little tanned inside but can be handled carefully with out much problem. Book has tears at single staple and first page is just hanging on. Interior paper is supple but has foxing and is creamy.

$60.

detective87a.jpg

detective87b.jpg

:takeit:

4 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

.... it's kind of good a home, if you will excuse the Red Sox gear:fear:

Not a problem brother. I'm a Dodger fan! You have my permission to make Mr Bedrock cry soon  :devil:  Got to get these done so I can watch the Dodgers and Cubbies go at it soon!

SOLD!

OK, I lied, here are a few small logo beater Detectives...

Detective #147 May 1949

Book is complete. Covers are tanning around edges on both sides. Neatly split up to bottom staple. a couple tiny corner chips. Neatly split down about 2" from top of spine. Interior pages are slightly dark cream but very pliable and easily read. Came from a huge collection that was stored in boxes in a SO CA garage. Was one of the best scores I ever made.

$65.

detective147a.jpg

detective147b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, I lied, here are a few small logo beater Detectives...

Detective #147 May 1949

Book is complete. Covers are tanning around edges on both sides. Neatly split up to bottom staple. a couple tiny corner chips. Neatly split down about 2" from top of spine. Interior pages are slightly dark cream but very pliable and easily read. Came from a huge collection that was stored in boxes in a SO CA garage. Was one of the best scores I ever made.

$65.

detective147a.jpg

detective147b.jpg

Take it

SOLD!

Detective #166 Dec 1950

Book is complete. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple. Obvious spine wear and small piece off bottom left corner. Numerous small edge tears, wrinkles and corner creases. Solid copy

$65.

detective166a.jpg

detective166b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Detective #175 Sept 1951

Book is complete. Cover is neatly detached from book. Tears at top and bottom of spine. Slight spine roll. Numerous small wrinkles, edge tears and a few long creases. Nice, yellowed and supple interior paper. Real decent reader.

$75.

detective175a.jpg

detective175b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Detective #175 Sept 1951

Book is complete. Cover is neatly detached from book. Tears at top and bottom of spine. Slight spine roll. Numerous small wrinkles, edge tears and a few long creases. Nice, yellowed and supple interior paper. Real decent reader.

$75.

detective175a.jpg

detective175b.jpg

Take it!