• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 9
6 6

155 posts in this topic

That staining was tough, and thought it could just be some light foxing or I was gonna go 8.0.  I would definitely not grade that ASM higher than a 7.0 if it is a stain.  Higher grade books are way harder in this contest

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I went with 5 and 9 trying to be generous more generous than I would normally be. It seems that over the course of this I tend to grade much tighter. Especially when it comes to stains and discoloration. I am trying to calibrate my grading with the CGC. I still have a long way to go. And one more round. Maybe I'll nail it? I have 5 bullseyes so far. I'd like to get a couple more before this ends?

Show off :baiting: :foryou:

giphy-downsized-large.gif.91ff3d4307f89bb8b37202b14490264c.gif

15 minutes ago, aszumilo said:
19 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

Dodged a bullet, was going to go 9.2 on the ASM and thought I'll take another look. Glad I did, I didn't even see that stain on the back the first time I looked at it. doh!

I went 9.2 on it missed the stain.

I did too I didn't see the stain at all where was it?

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I did too I didn't see the stain at all where was it?

If you look at the bottom in the word GAME you'll see it

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I thought there was no way it would get 5.0 with all that staining I went 3.5 and almost went 4.0

I know right and that book had chew on the upper left of back cover 2 pages deep... ???

Unbelievackable 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

thought there was no way it would get 5.0 with all that staining I went 3.5 and almost went 4.0

I know right and that book had chew on the upper left of back cover 2 pages deep... ???

Unbelievackable 

I see now that it was staining in the upper left back... the way it was outlined it sure looked like chew. :sorry: