• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's acquisition of Fox now gets the Marvel band back together
1 1

54 posts in this topic

Soon Disney will have the rights to the last two Marvel properties they didn't have, Fantastic Four and X-Men universe (including Deadpool), now that they've gotten the OK from regulators. 

With the united universe, what would you like to see?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-set-antitrust-approval-disney-fox-deal-source-160039983--finance.html?

Well, technically it's not the last two properties since Spider-Man and associates are Sony property for the moment.  However, they've crossed over while the Fox properties have not.

As much as I love X-Men 1, 2, Days of Future Past and Logan I think the X-Men need a reboot. The timeline is so convoluted and confusing and all the actors have changed. Plus it wouldn't make sense to have the X-Men and the Avengers suddenly existing in the same universe. Especially with Quicksilver.

I say Marvel follows it's own MCU phase 1 model and put out individual Hero movies, that build to an X-Men film. That way you can develop deep and interesting characters.

As far as Deadpool, I think he could hop into the MCU universe as long as he acknowledges it with a joke or two. 

56 minutes ago, Shawnismaximus said:

As much as I love X-Men 1, 2, Days of Future Past and Logan I think the X-Men need a reboot. The timeline is so convoluted and confusing and all the actors have changed. Plus it wouldn't make sense to have the X-Men and the Avengers suddenly existing in the same universe. Especially with Quicksilver.

I say Marvel follows it's own MCU phase 1 model and put out individual Hero movies, that build to an X-Men film. That way you can develop deep and interesting characters.

As far as Deadpool, I think he could hop into the MCU universe as long as he acknowledges it with a joke or two. 

Which X-Man do you think could carry a solo movie? Who would you start with?

36 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'm not a huge X-Men fan so that's a tough question. The stand out characters for me would be:
Jean Grey/Phoenix
Gambit
Storm
Mystique (maybe overplayed in current x-men films)
Magneto (maybe overplayed in current x-men films)

And of course, Wolverine. But I wouldn't suggest that be one of the opening movies. 

Throw in a resurrected Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch for the X-Men movie and introduce Professor X and you've got a team. 

2 hours ago, Shawnismaximus said:

As much as I love X-Men 1, 2, Days of Future Past and Logan I think the X-Men need a reboot. The timeline is so convoluted and confusing and all the actors have changed.

Agree - franchises like XMen and F4 are beyond repairable.  MCU has already proven they can reboot Spidey in a short time frame without much if any fan backlash - it was in fact the opposite and welcomed.  The reality is Fox/Sony/Warner Bros are most concerned about putting dates on the calendar and generating revenue - the quality of the product is far behind that in terms of priority.  

15 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

I just want to see the forced-down-our-throats Inhumans put to bed and for the TV and movie properties to start referencing mutants like they should've been this entire time...

PREACH!

Also the seperation between TV and film is annoying. While I love the Netflix Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Punisher series, I would like to see them on the big screen.

Also someone should be able to write a decent Ghost Rider movie, right?

2 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I'd prefer a continuation of Laura's story.

A X-23 movie could be great. You could even incorporate some of the OG X-Men characters that are assumed dead. The problem is that movie would have to exist outside of the MCU, which would really confuse movie audiences, especially if they were rebooting the X-Men inside the MCU.

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

i love the idea of individual x-men movies, following in the mold of the Thor/Iron Man/Hulk/Cap plan.

so here are mine;

Wolverine - starting with his days in the Canadian Special Forces, ending with Xavier meeting him in that room where he cuts off the dude's tie.  wall to wall action with a runty Canuck. 

Nightcrawler - a dark adventure with equal parts swashbuckling and crippling, central European racism/anti-mutant sentiment.  ending with Xavier mind controlling the mob chasing Kurt, who completes his character arc by rising above the evil surrounding him and exposing his soft, gooey center.

Storm - Blue Lagoon meets The Lion King.  wide vistas, strong ecological/environmental message and ninety plus minutes of a hot half naked chick fulfilling her destiny until a white devil in a pith helmet sells her on the idea of taking her act worldwide

Colossus - growing up on the Collective.  fighting the scourge of communism one row of corn at a time.  a movie for the people!

Shadowcat/Kitty - a nice Jewish girl from the suburbs gets into teenagey angst, fighting the goyim and the spectre of a neo ratzi revival in upstate New York.  she gets abducted by aliens and gets a tiny dragon for her troubles.  saved by Corsair and the gang and brought down to earth to take up her spot at the Institute.

Gambit - if they can make Ant-Man workable, why not this guy?