• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's acquisition of Fox now gets the Marvel band back together
1 1

54 posts in this topic

Just now, shadroch said:

Is he an X-Man these days?

Dunno, but I think he could be close enough and would make a fantastic solo movie. He was at least in the first X-men comic unlike Wolvie, could that maybe make him even more of an X-man? lol

The best parts of "First Class" were the "Magneto: Nazi Hunter" segments, which were lifted from the Magneto Origins movie that was in development alongside Wolverine Origins. I liked First Class all right, but would have vastly preferred a solo Magneto story along those lines, as planned.

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The best parts of "First Class" were the "Magneto: Nazi Hunter" segments, which were lifted from the Magneto Origins movie that was in development alongside Wolverine Origins. I liked First Class all right, but would have vastly preferred a solo Magneto story along those lines, as planned.

That was the original plan? That would have been awesome, even though I liked First Class. 

14 minutes ago, october said:

That was the original plan? That would have been awesome, even though I liked First Class. 

Yes, the early plan was to do two spin-off origins movies, one for Wolverine, and one for Magneto. I'm not sure what lead to the cancellation of the Magneto flick (probably the lackluster box office of the pretty terrible Wolverine: Origins flick) but some of the -script elements from the Magneto flick were incorporated into the "First Class" -script. To be sure, I liked "First Class" quite a bit, but like I said, I'd have gladly traded that for an entire movie of young Magneto kicking nazi tail!

3 hours ago, minisink warrior said:

Of course!...of course it surprises absolutely no one that some a**hole decides a last minute lawsuit is the answer...Sigh

With any luck this plaintiff goes out & walks into high speed on coming traffic! What a jerk!!!

On 6/28/2018 at 12:00 PM, shadroch said:

Is he an X-Man these days?

He was in the 2013-2015 series. Don't remember if he still is after that, though. Lots of altercations between him and Cyclops though on how the X-Men should've been lead. And here we thought he'd only have that problem with Xavier.

4 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Of course!...of course it surprises absolutely no one that some a**hole decides a last minute lawsuit is the answer...Sigh

With any luck this plaintiff goes out & walks into high speed on coming traffic! What a jerk!!!

Sounds like someone looking for a payout.