• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] PRICES REDUCED! Wonder Comics #9, 10, 16 SCHOMBURG! More GA Books Added!
1 1

26 posts in this topic

1.  Shipping will be via USPS with insurance, $6 per book paid by the buyer.  Books will be packaged securely in a box and shipped next business day after payment received.

2.  I will accept PayPal or postal money orders.

3.  Returns accepted within 14 days but buyer pays return shipping with insurance.

4.  No Probation or Hall of Shame members.

5.   :takeit: or a typed "I'll take it" in the thread trumps all PM negotiations.

I will be selling (3) raw golden age Wonder Comics in this thread.  All three are some kind of cobbled together Frankenstein that someone assembled back in the day. I would guess that they were created not long after they were published, judging by the condition of the covers and pages. Each has two covers and interior stories taken from several various issues of Wonder Comics. The staples have been removed, they are glued together at the spine and they have been trimmed.  Where there are two ad pages back-to-back the pages have been glued together with small drops of glue.

Book A:

This one has 72 pages. It has the covers from issues 9 and 12 and contains the Wonder Man stories from issues 9-13, all drawn by Bob Oksner.  Gorgeous covers by Alex Schomburg and Graham Ingels!  The staples have been removed, the book is glued together at the spine and it has been trimmed.  Where there are two ad pages back-to-back the pages have been glued together with small drops of glue.  Dust shadow along right edge of outer cover.  Inner cover is gorgeous.

Hard to grade these but I will say apparent F/VF 7.0 just to satisfy the rules committee.   :grin:

Price:  $200  :news:  SOLD per PM

WONDER COMICS 9 A.jpg

WONDER COMICS 9 B.jpg

WONDER COMICS 9 C.jpg

WONDER COMICS 9 D.jpg

WONDER COMICS 9 E.jpg

Edited by Mutant Manatee

Book B:

This one has 64 pages. It has the covers from issues 10 and 14 and contains the Wonder Man stories from issues 14-17 all with art by Bob Oksner.  Partial Frazetta inks on the Wonder Man story from issue #17.  Gorgeous covers by Alex Schomburg!  The staples have been removed, the book is glued together at the spine and it has been trimmed.  Where there are two ad pages back-to-back the pages have been glued together with small drops of glue.  Outer cover has some spine wear, inner cover is virtually perfect.

Hard to grade these but I will say apparent F/VF 7.0 just to satisfy the rules committee.   

Price:  $200  :news:  SOLD per PM

WONDER COMICS 10 A.jpg

WONDER COMICS 10 B.jpg

WONDER COMICS 10 C.jpg

WONDER COMICS 10 D.jpg

WONDER COMICS 10 E.jpg

Edited by Mutant Manatee

Book C:

This one has 86 pages and is almost like a thick annual. It has the covers from issues 16 and 17 and contains the Tara stories only from issues 15-20 plus the Tara story from Thrilling Comics #71.  Gorgeous covers by Alex Schomburg!  The staples have been removed, the book is glued together at the spine and it has been trimmed.  Where there are two ad pages back-to-back the pages have been glued together with small drops of glue. Condition-wise, this one is the nicest of the three.

Hard to grade these but I will say apparent VF/NM 9.0.   

Price:  $225  :news:  SOLD per PM

WONDER COMICS 16 A.jpg

WONDER COMICS 16 B.jpg

WONDER COMICS 16 C.jpg

WONDER COMICS 16 D.jpg

WONDER COMICS 16 E.jpg

Edited by Mutant Manatee

Manhunt #8

May 1948

Six pages of art by L.B. Cole.  Good girl art.  Torture/whipping panels.

Grade:  Fair 1.0 with off-white pages.  Cover is detached.  Mouse chew along right edge, does not enter panels.

Price:  $20   $15

MANHUNT 8 A.jpg

MANHUNT 8 B.jpg

Edited by Mutant Manatee

Parole Breakers #1

December 1951

Grade: Fair 1.0 with Cream/Off-white pages.  Tape along length of spine on exterior and interior.  White tape around perimeter of front and back covers.  Covers probably trimmed.

Price :  $20   $15

PAROLE BREAKERS 1 A.jpg

PAROLE BREAKERS 1 B.jpg

PAROLE BREAKERS 1 C.jpg

Edited by Mutant Manatee