• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Copper Age Keys

48 posts in this topic

Wow! You really are a glutton for punishment.

Watch again to see how my responses are short and concise. Yours are like throwing everything you have at the wall and hoping something sticks. Since you like to copy my style, take notes here. 

10 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

One more time...the definition of the word "suppose" IS NOT "certain", or "known for sure", or "established beyond doubt"...the definition is, again:

"a. held as an opinion : believed; 

b : considered probable or certain"

The phrase "considered certain" DOES NOT mean the same thing as "certain." 

And if you dispute the vernacular use of the word "certain", you don't have much of an understanding of basic communication, unfortunately. :(

"I'm certain of it!" = not certain.

See how that works...?

You previously call dictionaries "inaccurate", then rely on a dictionary definition to prove your point. 'Nuff said.

The word "hypocrisy" is wildly overused these days, mainly by the younger crowd, who have no real grasp, like you, of its meaning. Hypocrisy means "do as I say, not as I do." It does NOT mean, as you are trying to use it here, "you can't point out what I'm doing, if you're doing the same thing." On the contrary. 

Now you're an authority on the use of words.

And you STILL have not addressed the FAR weightier matter of kimik being a known quantity, and you being a complete and total stranger who is easily offended?

Does any of this make any sense to you, or are you just going to continue to ignore the substance and come up with quips because you have a chip on your shoulder...?

Read this and consider it addressed.

By @kimik's own admission, only one of the grades came back as expected from latest group of submissions (whether the grades were more or less than expected is moot).

Additionally,  @kimik was one of the only responders with a useful reply to my question and for that I am very appreciative.

Next....

And you have still failed to admit that the Titanic was blown out of the water by a rocket from Jupiter. 

And the one statement is about as relevant as the other.

More to the point: you have failed to concede that the answer you were looking for...despite what you imagine revat meant, and despite your considerable huffing and puffing...was staring you right in the face, right where everyone said it was, the whole time. You merely lacked the understanding to recognize it, and the humility to ask for help to understand it.

The answer obviously wasn't there.  @revat even called it a "special request", which was not addressed by the site.

Think. Think hard, now.

Here, I'll say it slowly:

1. I am certain that kimik grades better than you.

2. I have no idea how well you grade.

The first cannot literally be true if the second is also true.

Which means....? RIGHT! I'm actually NOT certain of it!

Haha, this speaks for itself.

Previously you said "I would put money on it, that's how certain I am of it".

You're chasing your own tail.

Are you getting it now....? Is it dawning on you yet....? Here's a hint: the word "certain" used here is a play on the previous inordinate amount of time we spent going back and forth about it earlier. Unfortunately, it went right over your head.

Do you think, in a discussion so heavily and clearly pedantic, that I'm not very carefully paying attention to every word I'm using, and how I am using it...? Yes, I imagine you do. lol Perhaps I need to be more obvious when I'm tweaking your nose, like "(this is a figure of speech; do not take literally)", so you don't miss it.

This IS a KO, for sure.

Really? You really have to regurgitate my wording? Come on, you can do better than that.

And,based on all of this of this melodrama, I'm completely convinced that kimik grades better than you.

Uh oh. Now I've done it!

See three quips above ˆ

Next...

I literally laughed out loud when I read this far. Thank you. Laughter is good for the soul.

By all means, you should move on if you feel this is an unproductive conversation. I've made my points...agonizingly so...and the audience will have to determine just who did what to whom.

The important thing is that your question was answered, it was there the whole time, and you only needed to ask without the chip on your shoulder. Maybe, hopefully, you'll stop being a victim, and recognize that there are a lot of people willing to help you, provided you don't try to bite their heads off in the process.

All the rest of this is rhetorical masturbation. Which is my favorite kind. :cloud9:

Now, when you copy my wording and style in your next response, be sure to be concise and to the point, like this:

I really don't want to know about your favorite kind of masturbation.

Edited by rpcgc

11 hours ago, rpcgc said:

I'm done

As is almost always the case, the losing party in a debate attempts to end it by making various proclamations about being "done", "finished", "out", and the like, to try and salvage some sense of self-respect and dignity. After all, if they can dictate the terms of the end of the debate, and persuade the other part(y)/ies to give up, that gives them what feels like a measure of control over the other part(y)/ies. That's always why people say those things publicly; otherwise, they would simply stop replying. It's merely a well-worn tactic.

And, just as universally, those proclamations turn out to be complete fabrications, doing serious damage to that party's credibility in the process.

Such is the case here.

If one could count the amount of times some party in a discussion proclaimed they were "done with it", and then demonstrated that they were, in fact, NOT done at all, by continuing to respond, I imagine that number would come very close to 100%. Very, very few people have the strength of will to say "I'm done" and actually mean it.

This will, undoubtedly, be followed by some expression of "letting" the other party "have the last word", when it is obvious that they, themselves, are the ones who "can't let go."

Isn't human behavior fascinating...?

:D

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

You previously call dictionaries "inaccurate", then rely on a dictionary definition to prove your point. 'Nuff said.

Ah, a two-for-one! The fallacy of the false dilemma AND the straw man argument! :cloud9:

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

Now you're an authority on the use of words.

Another excellent example of the straw man. Way to go! :applause:

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

Read this and consider it addressed.

The phrase "like pulling teeth" is appropriate here.

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

By @kimik's own admission, only one of the grades came back as expected from latest group of submissions (whether the grades were more or less than expected is moot).

This doesn't prove your point in the way you imagine it does. Not only is "more or less than expected" NOT moot, it is quite relevant. And...we still know nothing of your grading ability.

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

The answer obviously wasn't there.  @revat even called it a "special request", which was not addressed by the site.

Here, allow me to quote it again:

The CCS Screening service determines whether pressing should be performed. If CCS believes that pressing would not benefit the comic, you will pay only the screening fee.

If a book is already a 9.8...pressing is almost certainly (not 100%, but 99.9999265%) not going to get it to a 9.9 or 10. That means, going back to your original question, they're not going to press it if it's already a 9.8.

Voila!

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

Haha, this speaks for itself.

Previously you said "I would put money on it, that's how certain I am of it".

You're chasing your own tail.

I see rhetoric is NOT your strong suit. Pity. I would suggest reading Shakespeare. He is the master of the rhetorical device and layered meaning in the English language.

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

Really? You really have to regurgitate my wording? Come on, you can do better than that.

Again, the employment of a rhetorical device...in this case, the repetition turned around...is not a "regurgitation" of "your wording." I'm using your own idea, through your own words, against you. It's a particularly potent form of debate, which is likely why you're complaining about its use.

It's like the famous lines in "A Few Good Men":

Lt. Kaffee: "I want the truth!!"

Col, Jessup: "You can't HANDLE the truth!!"

Was Nicholson's character "regurgitating" Kaffee's wording...? Of course not; he was employing a rhetorical device, using the repetition of the phrase "the truth" to make a (now infamous) point. 

Same thing here. 

4 hours ago, rpcgc said:

Now, when you copy my wording and style in your next response, be sure to be concise and to the point, like this:

I really don't want to know about your favorite kind of masterbation.

lol

This has been an utter delight, I must confess. Thank you for handing me such a gift on a silver platter.

(That's a figure of speech; you didn't literally give me a box wrapped in brightly colored paper containing a present, displayed on a tray plated with silver.)

What a delightful time! :cloud9:

I think you should develop your own style.

I said you would copy me and you did, here's my quote:

5 hours ago, rpcgc said:

I really don't want to know about your favorite kind of masturbation.

You lost once you brought up masturbation and the cloud 9 emoji.

Edited by rpcgc

1 minute ago, rpcgc said:

@RockMyAmadeus

Here's the actual quote:

12 hours ago, rpcgc said:

I'm done, I refuse to further punish someone when they're down.

But alas, you came back for more. I gave you more and you failed to address any of my points.

lol

As if the inclusion of the rest of the sentence substantively changes the meaning of the quoted part...or changes it at all.

lol

There was no qualifier there, no addendum that would have allowed you to continue without contradicting yourself. Something like "I'm done, unless you'd like me to inflict further punishment on you." That would have been a perfect qualification that would have allowed you to continue the debate without foolishly trapping yourself in your own words. 

But, as it stands, your statement was entirely unqualified, straightforward, and plain: you said you were done...except you clearly are not. You have thus completely contradicted yourself.

Oopsie.

:whee:

Happy to educate you, however. I thank you....profusely...for such a wonderful opportunity.

1 minute ago, rpcgc said:

I think you should develop your own style.

I said you would copy me and you did, here's my quote:

5 hours ago, rpcgc said:

I really don't want to know about your favorite kind of masterbation.

You lost once you brought up masterbation and the cloud 9 emoji.

The word is spelled "masturbation"..."masterbation" is not a word...again, look for that squiggly red line under the word...it tells you something's not right.

Attention to detail, my young apprentice.

8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The word is spelled "masturbation"..."masterbation" is not a word...again, look for that squiggly red line under the word...it tells you something's not right.

Attention to detail, my young apprentice.

Now you're getting creepy. I refuse to discuss this with a stranger on the internet.