• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Harlan Ellison
2 2

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

I loved Ellisons collaborations with the great Richard Corben which is Truly one of the unaknowledged masters of the medium.

RIP HE

Vic And Blood? A.k.a. 'A Boy and his Dog'?   Did he do more stories with Corben?  Worked very well together in that particular story's post-apocalyptic setting.

Also, two of the best and most memorable Outer Limits episodes written by him; 'Soldier' and 'Demon With a Glass Hand'.   Very influential, of course.

I'll be honest and say that I've never read any of his prose work.  Should've.

Sad news.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:
2 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

I loved Ellisons collaborations with the great Richard Corben which is Truly one of the unaknowledged masters of the medium.

RIP HE

Vic And Blood? A.k.a. 'A Boy and his Dog'?   Did he do more stories with Corben?  Worked very well together in that particular story's post-apocalyptic setting.

Also, two of the best and most memorable Outer Limits episodes written by him; 'Soldier' and 'Demon With a Glass Hand'.   Very influential, of course.

I'll be honest and say that I've never read any of his prose work.  Should've.

Sad news.

I would recommend "An Edge in My Voice" and "The Harlan Ellison Hornbook" which collect Ellison's essays and columns. Great insight into his professional career, personal experiences and commentaries on various subjects.

Very sad news - the term "icon" gets thrown around a lot these days, Ellison deserves it.

Met him once decades ago, and he lived up to his brilliant yet cantankerous reputation.

He was a vintage comic book collector, an associate of mine was invited into Harlan's vault - apparently his favorite character was Captain Marvel, if I remember correctly.

You fought a good fight sir, now RIP...

2 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Very sad news - the term "icon" gets thrown around a lot these days, Ellison deserves it.

Met him once decades ago, and he lived up to his brilliant yet cantankerous reputation.

He was a vintage comic book collector, an associate of mine was invited into Harlan's vault - apparently his favorite character was Captain Marvel, if I remember correctly.

You fought a good fight sir, now RIP...

Captain Marvel may have been his favorite character, but I believe his favorite comic was Jingle Jangle; for the George Carlson stories.

Met him a number of times over the years and am a longtime member of HERC.  He often read his own works on audio which really brought the stories to life.  Condolences to all. Paul

3 hours ago, Black_Adam said:

One of the first comic book characters I (literally) fell in love with was Jarella and his run of Hulk tales are still some of my favorites. Condolences to his family and all who knew and loved him. RIP.

hulk140cgc96-max-1400.jpg

I bought these off the Spinner rack back in that day....then had to scramble to get the 1st part of the story 

from that Avengers issue....

When Psyklops's spell wore off on ol' Greenskin....LOL

CAL who still reads the Gold/Silver/select EARLY Bronze on occasion....