Doctor Strange 2 announced.
1 1

178 posts in this topic

1,947 posts

I really hope not. I am so tired of the movie industry rehash.

Lets see some originality.

15,790 posts
12 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

I really hope not. I am so tired of the movie industry rehash.

Lets see some originality.

It's not gonna be a prequel. Also, hopefully Vision stays dead and is just a figment of Wanda's imagination.

1,947 posts
1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's not gonna be a prequel. Also, hopefully Vision stays dead and is just a figment of Wanda's imagination.

Knowing my luck he'll be back as the ghost of Jarvis

88,259 posts
1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It is going to be interesting how they play up the impact on Wanda's mental state due to all she experienced between Infinity War and Endgame.

88,259 posts

Just in case someone forgets there is a Doctor Strange 2 thread. :baiting:

A few weeks ago, the trades reported that Spider-Man helmer Sam Raimi was in talks with Marvel Studios to replace Scott Derrickson as Doctor Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse's director. It feels like a match made in heaven, and the filmmaker joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe is something definitely worth getting excited about. 

Now, some fuel has been added to the fire as Raimi has dropped out of London's Monster Mania Con next month due to filming commitments. 

As far as we know, he's not currently working on anything else, so chances are Raimi is gong to be busy prepping the Doctor Strange sequel. Confirmation that the director is attached to the movie probably won't come our way until production officially begins, but In The Multiverse of Madness is definitely in safe hands with him following Derrickson's departure.

88,259 posts

88,259 posts

88,259 posts

88,259 posts

Xochitl Gomez, the young actor who recently starred in Netflix’s “The Baby-Sitters Club” reboot, has joined the cast of Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.”

Sam Raimi, whose highlights include the Tobey Maguire “Spider-Man” trilogy, is directing the sequel, which sees Benedict Cumberbatch return as the Sorcerer Supreme.

Plot details, as what has become de rigueur for Marvel entries, are being kept under wraps, so it’s unclear what role Gomez will be playing in the comic book sequel. Benedict Wong and Chiwetel Ejiofor are also expected to reprise their characters from 2016’s “Doctor Strange.” Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch is also joining the follow-up.

43,785 posts

Presumably Gomez won't be Nico Minoru since she was already cast with a Japanese actress below in the "Runaways" television show which like the Netflix shows is presumably within the scope of MCU lore.  She's also too young to be Strange's love interest Clea since Cumberbatch is 44 and Gomez is 14.  So I have no guess as to who she'll be...there aren't a ton of ongoing female characters in the Doctor Strange world.

209cdb31697cd03e9b02a6a5a6b4ca7fffc5cdf7

Edited by fantastic_four

88,259 posts
3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Presumably Gomez won't be Nico Minoru since she was already cast with a Japanese actress below in the "Runaways" television show which like the Netflix shows is presumably within the scope of MCU lore.  She's also too young to be Strange's love interest Clea since Cumberbatch is 44 and Gomez is 14.  So I have no guess as to who she'll be...there aren't a ton of ongoing female characters in the Doctor Strange world.

I do like with some of this casting news they aren't telling us everything. Sometimes production surprises can be a fun experience, and we don't need to know until we see it.

:popcorn:

23,553 posts

Maybe Strange Academy starts in the film? Plenty of new young female characters there.

Edited by kimik

1,499 posts
On 10/19/2020 at 9:07 AM, fantastic_four said:

Isn't America Chavez rumored to be in Multiverse of Madness? If she is indeed in the movie, then Gomez is most likely playing her.

9,614 posts
On 3/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

Defenders?   I see Sub-Mariner in background.

88,259 posts
18 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

americachavez.thumb.JPG.5d5505d7c4adefa1717f8982fae61867.JPG

'Alleged' is the 'get out of jail' card for any reporter noting this.

Edited by Bosco685

88,259 posts