• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 Page Giants Walmart exclusive
2 2

87 posts in this topic

To clarify, both WM’s near me are supercenters and had no stands of these. I made a trip to 2 Wal-Marts specifically for these books. Of course the employees are clueless.  I checked online and didn’t see them on the WM site.  I’m beginning to think this is a conspiracy to mess with my mind. ?

2 hours ago, Joosh said:

To clarify, both WM’s near me are supercenters and had no stands of these. I made a trip to 2 Wal-Marts specifically for these books. Of course the employees are clueless.  I checked online and didn’t see them on the WM site.  I’m beginning to think this is a conspiracy to mess with my mind. ?

FYI they are in the sports card section near the registers in the front of the stores.  They were well stocked at all Locations here in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area.

DC and Marvel should be doing this regularly.  They should pick stories from different eras to publish with a new story inside.  I think you'd see more people pick-up comics to read.

I wonder what was the slotting fee associated with the display, and at what cost is Wal-Mart paying for these books?  I don't think DC is making a ton of money on the books.

8 hours ago, cbaileypacker said:

FYI they are in the sports card section near the registers in the front of the stores. 

Waste of gas driving from Vancouver, BC suburb. The closest WM across the USA border had 3 month old DC Spotlight mag 1/2 price at $5. The 2nd closest WM in WA state was a Supercentre that had nada, nil, zip, not even an empty DC (: cardboard display stand next to their Pokemon card area.

6 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Waste of gas driving from Vancouver, BC suburb. The closest WM across the USA border had 3 month old DC Spotlight mag 1/2 price at $5. The 2nd closest WM in WA state was a Supercentre that had nada, nil, zip, not even an empty DC (: cardboard display stand next to their Pokemon card area.

Were you planning to smuggle some back?  Don’t customs have you on a watchlist? :baiting:

On 7/5/2018 at 11:03 AM, cbaileypacker said:

FYI they are in the sports card section near the registers in the front of the stores.  They were well stocked at all Locations here in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area.

I walked the register lines first, figuring they would be up there. Definitely not there. ?

Was just at my local Walmart, looking for these.  They had one copy of the Batman issue left, which I grabbed, and nothing else.

I also snagged a 3-pack with this, which is labeled "Wal-mart Edition" in the indicia. Anybody know anything about it?

Batman_Monster_Men_Walmart.jpg

On 7/4/2018 at 3:58 PM, manetteska said:

These puppies are selling now, esp Teen Titans. 

seems to be the big winner I think. I have the previous 1st DC 3packs accumulating dust but I have a honey hole or two for these so I may just look for that TT.

22 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Was just at my local Walmart, looking for these.  They had one copy of the Batman issue left, which I grabbed, and nothing else.

I also snagged a 3-pack with this, which is labeled "Wal-mart Edition" in the indicia. Anybody know anything about it?

Monster Men is the second arc of Rebirth. That's the cover B to issue #7.

ef8335fd-eb77-47e6-afd5-7b54838615c1.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

32 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

Batman_Monster_Men_Walmart.jpg

Walmart exclusive reprint. Came out a few years ago. Easy way to dump old stock and gain new readers.

Tried another Walmart today.  They had all 4 giants still, although they were down to their last copy of the Teen Titans issue.

Looking for these each month will be an epic pain... but I'm going to want the Tom King Superman story too much not to, and if I'm going there anyway I might as well grab the rest.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, OtherEric said:

Tried another Walmart today.  Looking for these each month will be an epic pain...

Seems to be spotty distribution in the LAX to Glendale, CA region, as most Wal-marts or supercenters either moved or closed.

So, I stopped by again today... waiting on the #2s. Talked with the supervisor of the self-checkout area and she mentioned that someone other than a Walmart employee does the stocking for the card/collectables/comics area and hasn't been there yet. So I guess I can't 'blame' Walmart for the lack of or otherwise DC Comics situation.

On 8/2/2018 at 8:56 AM, 00comics said:

So, I stopped by again today... waiting on the #2s. Talked with the supervisor of the self-checkout area and she mentioned that someone other than a Walmart employee does the stocking for the card/collectables/comics area and hasn't been there yet. So I guess I can't 'blame' Walmart for the lack of or otherwise DC Comics situation.

I know that in my area Walmart and Target is done by a third party.  Try to scope out the ones in your area and eventually you'll find them restocking.  Great time to strike up a conversation to find out their schedule.