• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PSA Potential Ebay Scammer

3 posts in this topic

Had a bad experience from a seller on Ebay recently, and wanted to give potential buyers a head's up. 

ebay ID j**r***a

Jorge Osorio Mendez

A certain cover went up for sale that I had an eye on last year, and i had initially seen it on CAF. I contacted the guy through CAF email because i wanted to verify it was legit, as he had bad feedback from a previous sale. He insured me he was "well known" and had been dealing in comic art for "years", and seemed insulted I even brought it up. He also had another piece of his from CAF for sale on Ebay, so i figured I'd give it a shot because it was a piece i really wanted. I won't bore you with the negotiations (which were also painfully annoying), but i ended up just BIN, and was told he would ship out the following week. Nothing. No response to emails, no tracking. Radio silence after that. I even waited extra to make sure something didn't happen to the guy. I figure some on here may be familiar with him if he's been in the game awhile, so either this guy is just a real tool, or someone is faking his identity and he should probably be notified (unlikely since i contacted him separately from ebay, and his Paypal account info matched). More upset because I missed out on a favorite piece of mine than the actual headache of the failed purchase tbh. 

Edited by awayne83

I have bought from him before.  I assume it was a Gary Frank Superman piece of some sort?  Terrible seller, I got my piece but I had all kinds of problems that he promised to fix but did not.  He also appears to have a short memory because he periodically approaches me every few years to sell me stuff.  I stay away.

Malvin

9 hours ago, malvin said:

I have bought from him before.  I assume it was a Gary Frank Superman piece of some sort?  Terrible seller, I got my piece but I had all kinds of problems that he promised to fix but did not.  He also appears to have a short memory because he periodically approaches me every few years to sell me stuff.  I stay away.

Malvin

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience as well. It was actually a Clay Mann cover. He posted 2 for sale. I've been keeping an eye out for over a year for a piece to add, and probably my 2nd favorite one pops up for sale so i was excited. Was even willing to overpay (imo) to get the deal done. Sucks, but they'll be something else that comes along.