• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Weekly Auctions - Qualtiy material and results

20 posts in this topic

HI, all;

I know most of the discussion surrounding HA auctions deals with their amazing quarterly auction material, and no doubt about it, they have been stellar over the past few years and I'm always surprised at all the good stuff coming to the market.  Lately, the good stuff hasn't been isolated to their quarterly auctions as more and more great material is appearing in their weekly auctions, too.

In addition to the strong results for more Aparo B&B, Adventure, Phantom Stranger etc pages, here are a few examples:

• John Buscema Savage Sword of Conan = $7.2K
  • John Buscema Wolverine #10 panel page = $2.8K
  • Colan DD 90 page = $3.8K
  • Infantino Star Wars 27 panel page = $2.8K
  • Gil Kane Micronauts #44 cover = $18K !!!!

Also some good deals to be had such as the Bagley ASM page, Keown Hulk, Sienkiewicz Moon Knight page, Ditko Avengers Annual page and others.

Definitely worth keeping a closer watch! :)

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

HI, all;

I know most of the discussion surrounding HA auctions deals with their amazing quarterly auction material, and no doubt about it, they have been stellar over the past few years and I'm always surprised at all the good stuff coming to the market.  Lately, the good stuff hasn't been isolated to their quarterly auctions as more and more great material is appearing in their weekly auctions, too.

In addition to the strong results for more Aparo B&B, Adventure, Phantom Stranger etc pages, here are a few examples:

• John Buscema Savage Sword of Conan = $7.2K
  • John Buscema Wolverine #10 panel page = $2.8K
  • Colan DD 90 page = $3.8K
  • Infantino Star Wars 27 panel page = $2.8K
  • Gil Kane Micronauts #44 cover = $18K !!!!

Also some good deals to be had such as the Bagley ASM page, Keown Hulk, Sienkiewicz Moon Knight page, Ditko Avengers Annual page and others.

Definitely worth keeping a closer watch! :)

that micronaughts deal makes the one on ebay by coolines seem like a decent price?

3 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Probably a RECORD price for any Heritage Sunday OA auction...last week, this sold for $72k! :whatthe:

"Kaja Foglio Magic: The Gathering: Arabian Nights Shahrazad" - Card Painting"

Link

Wow!

Congratulations to the Ethan Roberts Estate. My condolonces to the winner. :)

3 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Probably a RECORD price for any Heritage Sunday OA auction...last week, this sold for $72k! :whatthe:

"Kaja Foglio Magic: The Gathering: Arabian Nights Shahrazad" - Card Painting"

Link

Wow!

Wow is right. Could it possible re-sell for something similar? I find that mind boggling. It's nice enough, but ...

42 minutes ago, DJRome said:

A nice Buscema page from Wolverine: Bloody Choices hammers in at 13k.

Wow.

cgcpic1.jpg

I just wanted to post the exact same thing. I would have estimated this at $3,000. What am I missing? Is it the limited supply (I only saw one other good page from that GN before)? 

16 minutes ago, oldwhy said:

I just wanted to post the exact same thing. I would have estimated this at $3,000. What am I missing? Is it the limited supply (I only saw one other good page from that GN before)? 

I asked Brian Peck the same question and he had no idea!

On a smaller note, I'm scratching my head on a Dale Keown Dragon Ring page that sold for $264, those pages typically have a hard time breaking $100 at auction.

Malvin

On 7/30/2018 at 1:36 PM, Mickey7 said:

A nice Doctor Who Weekly page from 1979 by Dave Gibbons sold last Sunday for $3,840.  Strong price I would say. 

Much higher than any other pages from the series.

28 minutes ago, oldwhy said:

Only seen a few from the GN but would sell 20% of the final hammer.

29 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

Much higher than any other pages from the series.

2 new big Buscema collectors? The Wolverine corner box art for $21k seemed crazy to me too, but not as crazy as this.

19 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

I actually was 1/3 if the art in this auction. I had 100 piece in it. I was beyond thrilled with the results. Yeah some duds but overall it was awesome. 

Wow! Are you liquidating? 

34 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Wow! Are you liquidating? 

No, I just have like 500 piece for sale or trade so I sent them over like 100. I just don’t post much of my art even the sale stuff. I buy a fair amount of art each week, anything undervalued I buy. I have piles still Lol