• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your favorite owned OA and a pic of your "Holy Grail"
4 4

48 posts in this topic

Simple as the title suggest. Post a pic of your favorite piece of OA (sketch, splash, pg, etc..) that you own or owned at one time and a pic of what you would love to own if money or semantics wasn't a factor.

Changed my favorite as it is now a cool transition into Carnage page from the awesome Mike Perkins Carnage run.

My Holy Grail, any Kirby Machine Man OA!

gfcyicft.thumb.jpg.13c7b4881bb402c309932989cc9bd155.jpg

bb7e4582d7be6fcf2d935f622667873b.jpg

Edited by Blastaar

Oh man this is a tough one... Although it's not entirely complete, I have to go with my Amazing Spider-Man 100 jam piece, it will without a doubt be my favorite piece once it's complete, maybe even now. It's the first jam piece I've started, and won't be the last!

Contributors: Hughes, Frenz, Sinnott, Zeck, Ramos, Granov, Larsen, McGuinness, Crain, Jusko, Pollard

jamp2.jpeg.9dd10c0416aa65db1a4bc23d0ca3ce4b.jpeg

My OA grail has to be the orignal cover art to ASM 100, wish I had 500k to spend on itlol

asm100.jpg.a29f834f0fbdb571c47f6a088de7e8ae.jpg

Edited by Canadiancomics

7 hours ago, Twanj said:

It's too tough to decide between what I own, but here's one (Avengers #266 by Buscema/Palmer:

Avengers_266_11.jpg.e5e380301c47430843989b69080b59c1.jpg

Grails are easier:

SS_v1_18_p27_Kirby_splash.jpg.456eb065e4bb91a3e84e3f99cc4f671c.jpg

SS_GN_DPS.thumb.jpg.f3977a71643c047c79646538d359a4c3.jpg

I owned that Surfer DPS for a short period in the late 90's, until I got "an offer I couldn't refuse" for it.  I didn't appreciate Kirby as much then as I do now.  Was a beautiful and large piece.  

3 minutes ago, comiconxion said:

I owned that Surfer DPS for a short period in the late 90's, until I got "an offer I couldn't refuse" for it.  I didn't appreciate Kirby as much then as I do now.  Was a beautiful and large piece.  

That Surfer DPS is incredible.  I don't see the join between the two pages though.  Is it all on one board turned sideways?  

2 minutes ago, Flambit said:

That Surfer DPS is incredible.  I don't see the join between the two pages though.  Is it all on one board turned sideways?  

Yes, it was all on one piece of large Bristol board.  I remember that one of the word balloons was pasted on, but everything else was very clean - something you don't see all the time.  

23 minutes ago, Kwan Chang said:

Which got me thinking......what if you already have your grail ? What next ?

are you satisfied ? Or you get another grail since you have already attained the previous one ?

I’m satisfied.

I had one goal when I put my toe into the OA pool, and I’m happy with what I have. There are thousands of better pieces, but I’ll spend that money elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I’m satisfied.

I had one goal when I put my toe into the OA pool, and I’m happy with what I have. There are thousands of better pieces, but I’ll spend that money elsewhere.

me too.  thus my asking the question. i had a grail.  i found it.  now nothing else is a grail to me.  dont get me wrong. there are pieces that i want and some that i REALLY want.  but i think people throw around grail too easily and when they attain one grail they move on to the next one.

i still collect tho......... :)  so attaining my grail didn't make me stop collecting.

1 hour ago, Kwan Chang said:

me too.  thus my asking the question. i had a grail.  i found it.  now nothing else is a grail to me.  dont get me wrong. there are pieces that i want and some that i REALLY want.  but i think people throw around grail too easily and when they attain one grail they move on to the next one.

i still collect tho......... :)  so attaining my grail didn't make me stop collecting.

I think there are degrees of grail, personally.   I was lucky enough to get my #1, and when I got it, it did cool my jets on the hobby for a bit.   But my #2 is still out there... 

7 hours ago, Kwan Chang said:

had a grail.  i found it.  now nothing else is a grail to me.

This is a story I'd love to read...

What is it?

Why your grail?

How'd you come to eventually get it?

That kind of sharing is awesomesauce.