• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
6 6

306 posts in this topic

Little Al  of the FBI  10 (#1)

Norm  Saunders  painted  cover,   and this  is the last of  the  painted  Z-D  books  for  the  thread. 

Small  splits  upper  and  lower  spine,  upper  staple  pulled  on CF, small tear upper edge  FC.  
Otherwise  glossy  with  general  wear,   offwhite  pages.

Asking  $35  SOLD!

qWGSIWp.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Frisky  Fables 10

L B  Cole  cover. 

Plenty  of  general  wear, silverfish  chews  along  lower  edge   FC, pencil upper  edge BC, plus  the  coupon  has been   filled
in.  Lucky  the  owner  couldn't  come up  with  the  dime  to  send it in,  lol Tight  with  offwhite - white  pages.

Affordable  Cole   cover  for   $20  SOLD!  Even if  it  really  IS  Frisky  Animals 47

SwKXl5n.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Frisky  Fables 10

L B  Cole  cover. 

Plenty  of  general  wear, silverfish  chews  along  lower  edge   FC, pencil upper  edge BC, plus  the  coupon  has been   filled
in.  Lucky  the  owner  couldn't  come up  with  the  dime  to  send it in,  lol Tight  with  offwhite - white  pages.

Affordable  Cole   cover  for   $20

SwKXl5n.jpg

Take

Captain  America 110

First of  the  three  classic  Steranko  issues 

Small  chip out  spine  below  Cap's  left boot,  general  wear,  whiff of  stacking  roll. Glossy,   tight  spine  and CF,   white  pages.,

Grab  a  midgrade  classic  for $35

CLWohSP.jpg

Frisky  Fables 10  is  SOLD!

Umm,   Frisky  Animals 47  is  SOLD!

Thanks   Robot!

Edited by catrick339

Keep  me  honest,   folks!  First  the  missed  tape  pull  last  night,   now  a  total  mess on  the  Frisky  Whatever,  hm

Obvs  the heat  is  starting  to  get  to me.  

2 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Before  I  take  off,   let's  see  just how  strong  JustJimN's  commitment  to  Sparkie  really is!

Sparkie  #1

Yep,   a  second  copy  of  Sparkie 1,   every  bit  as  nice  as  the  first  one. 

Asking  $35

rxbiD5s.jpg

I don't know what it is about this book, but it speaks to me! :takeit: 

6 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Keep  me  honest,   folks!  First  the  missed  tape  pull  last  night,   now  a  total  mess on  the  Frisky  Whatever,  hm

Obvs  the heat  is  starting  to  get  to me.  

Don’t sweat on the books!  :baiting:

Let's  go  pre-war  for  a  minute.

Large  Feature  8,  1938.   Richard   Tracy  in The  Racket  Buster

plenty of  tape  on  spine  and  elsewhere,    getting  brittle  around  the  perimeter  all  four  corners off  FC, two large
pieces off upper  BC  and  a  smaller  piece out of  last  page,   CF  is  loose,  general  wear,   you  name  it. 
Perfectly  readable  if  handled  with  a  bit  of  care,  but  the  corners  are  starting  to  crumble. 

EDIT   Forgot to mention,   too  big  for  my  scanner,   RH  edge  and  lower   edge  are  cropped in  the  scan.
Drop me  a  line  if you  want  more  scans   or  pix. 

O'street  G  is  $100+  take  it  for  $40

TuzrpKs.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Well,  the  Cat half of  Catrick  has  cooked  an  early  dinner,   loaded up  her plate,  and  retreated  to  the  AC.  

Believe  I'll  do  the  same.   Back  in  an  hour  or  so,  fourteen books  to  go  tonight. 

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Little Al  of the FBI  10 (#1)

The two issue run of Little Al is a fun title.  I picked up both copies a few months ago - the covers alone are worth it.  And the #10 has Stalin (in painting) on the cover.  I wonder how many other books after this one had Uncle Joe covers.  And who doesn't love a communist villain called the Beaver.

Edited by telerites

Gunsmoke 16 (1952)

Last issue  of  this  title,   and  one  of  those oddball  50's hybrids,  this  time   mixing   horror  with   cowboys.

Rerun  from  an  earlier  thread.  Cover  nearly   torn  in  half,   retaped  back  together,  piece  out  back  cover.

Grab  an oddball  reader  for  $10  SOLD!

RiUcAei.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Journey Into Mystery 61

Spine  roll,   small pieces out along  spine,   old  tape,  cover loose,  and  plenty  of  general  wear. 

Well,   the  interior  is okay, offwhite pages. 

Grab  a  complete  reader for  $15

nzl4qvW.jpg

Suzie 93

Corner off  lower  RH  FC, couple  tears   LH  edge  BC,  with  a  couple  chips out  to boot. rubbing  lower   edgre  FC,   CF  loose.

Nice  reader  for   $25   SOLD!

onqO2Rh.jpg

Edited by catrick339

2 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Suzie 93

Corner off  lower  RH  FC, couple  tears   LH  edge  BC,  with  a  couple  chips out  to boot. rubbing  lower   edgre  FC,   CF  loose.

Nice  reader  for   $25

onqO2Rh.jpg

:Takeit:

Strange  Worlds 18,   1954

Continuation  of    Eerie,  says  so  right in   the  indicia

Flat  and  tight,  decent  amount  of  gloss left, general  wear with couple  small  chips out  LH  edge  BC. Offwhite  pages. 

Asking  $75  for  a nice midgrade.    SOLD!

83o8ITA.jpg

Edited by catrick339