• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fishy? 40k for worlds largest joker collection, cash only

19 posts in this topic

Craigslist listing, The Largest Collection of Joker Memorabilia in the World (Probably) - $40000. 

Per listing:  "The terms are cash only. Cash. Cash. Not a check, Not Paypal. Not a certified check. Not a cashiers check. Only a big stack of cash is going to work. Not a wire transfer. Not wampum. Nothing but cash. 

$40,000 firm. As firm as concrete. Don't bother with lower offers."

My ask, Are there any circumstances that you would feel ok making a deal, where terms required are 40k cash? Anyone who has bought a home has spent more than this, but certainly not with these terms, which give the farm and fuzzies.

15 minutes ago, gcstomp said:

My ask, Are there any circumstances that you would feel ok making a deal, where terms required are 40k cash?

Only from reputable sources where the product I'm buying is confirmed.  Like if I went to a Christie's auction and saw with my own eyes that they were auctioning off a legit 9.8 AF15 that required a down payment of $40k cold hard cash within 30 days, then sure, i'd have a Brinks truck ready with the money.

1 hour ago, gcstomp said:

Craigslist listing, The Largest Collection of Joker Memorabilia in the World (Probably) - $40000. 

Per listing:  "The terms are cash only. Cash. Cash. Not a check, Not Paypal. Not a certified check. Not a cashiers check. Only a big stack of cash is going to work. Not a wire transfer. Not wampum. Nothing but cash. 

$40,000 firm. As firm as concrete. Don't bother with lower offers."

My ask, Are there any circumstances that you would feel ok making a deal, where terms required are 40k cash? Anyone who has bought a home has spent more than this, but certainly not with these terms, which give the farm and fuzzies.

Memorabilia? That could be 40,000 broken Joker Pez dispensers. Did he state what $40,000 cash buys from him? Or is basically a sealed box, to be bought on faith?

the craigslist ad had a link to website with items.  toys, statues, art, plus every book that had joker cover, so assuming every early tec, plus batman book. it was a large website of lots of links with pictures.  ad had a spiel about it being in, or considered for guinness records book.  I do not see ad listed anymore, maybe it sold?

The ad has a link to website that looks to me like a lot of comics, maybe thousands, overall the comics are small part of the lot.  site very hard to navigate, no simple complete list. the verbatim that you used to find listing, which appears was listed in hundreds of parts of Craigslist, I am in south florida and it appeared briefly in my local listing despite this being an Ohio collection was "Craigslist listing, The Largest Collection of Joker Memorabilia in the World (Probably) - $40000." But my posting was not about a stack of misc Garfield comics, or anything specifically other than "My ask, Are there any circumstances that you would feel ok making a deal, where terms required are 40k cash? Anyone who has bought a home has spent more than this, but certainly not with these terms, which give the farm and fuzzies."

I have no clue what value of the items on the site there add to, but just as an exercise of would you take 40k cash to some strangers home if you thought it was a great deal. You couldnt do this at a bank type exchange as it appears to be loads of "stuff" that would take hours to inventory and load.

6 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

I'd figure "complete" would at least include a copy of a bats 1.

theres like a dozen comics there very far from complete.

You're right, as always. hm

Change "complete" to "largest".

Still not the one the op referred to though. I have seen at least 100 joker collections in the last week on Craigslist for $40,000 cash.

Keep looking.

And don't forget to ask "Is this it?" with your link.

Thank you for all you do. 

9 minutes ago, icefires said:

You're right, as always. hm

Change "complete" to "largest".

Still not the one the op referred to though. I have seen at least 100 joker collections in the last week on Craigslist for $40,000 cash.

Keep looking.

And don't forget to ask "Is this it?" with your link.

Thank you for all you do. 

Nice to know there are still some OG scumbags like yourself making themselves feel good knocking other people.  Keep up the good work.

6 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Nice to know there are still some OG scumbags like yourself making themselves feel good knocking other people.  Keep up the good work.

I especially like your comment "Is this it?", Captain Obvious.

4 minutes ago, icefires said:

I especially like your comment "Is this it?", Captain Obvious.

I'll take captain obvious over captain d-bag any day.  That distinct honor goes to you, since you've been posting since 2004 and all, and you just love to remind people of that fact.  Wear your douchebaggery like a badge of honor!