• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Express drop off ( caution )
1 1

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bkd Reader said:

That is a great option when CGC deigns your con to be important enough to attend. Unfortunately, despite attending a con in one of the 15 largest media markets in the US, CGC did not consider it significant enough to send a rep. By that logic CGC is at least very slightly responsible for my current predicament. 

Just a comment. When CGC attends a con, they send more than one rep. I believe there is always a grader present so you can discuss your submissions. Just a guess but I would say at least 4 people attend ? Anyway, attending a con means less staff in the office. Less staff in the office means slower TAT's. Since 'everyone' is complaining about TAT's there has to be some give and take on this. What do we want ? I've seen it suggested for CGC to stop attending cons altogether so they can improve TAT's.  I don't think that will happen but unless they can start cloning the staff, we can't have everything. Just saying.

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think that will happen but unless they can start cloning the staff, we can't have everything.

Very true Bob, very true. From what I've heard lately, things are stretched pretty thin around there...:ohnoez:

48 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Very true Bob, very true. From what I've heard lately, things are stretched pretty thin around there...:ohnoez:

Years ago, the cog in the wheel was sometimes the encapsulation process. They could grade them a lot faster than they could encapsulate them. Is this true anymore ? Did they get more machines ?

1 hour ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Years ago, the cog in the wheel was sometimes the encapsulation process. They could grade them a lot faster than they could encapsulate them. Is this true anymore ? Did they get more machines ?

Similar to any other production facility, when any specific area is stretched too thinly, it can cause problems with the smooth flow of the process. If key people are absent (for whatever reason) it only compounds the issue. And then if you throw in anything extra (such as an unexpected rush order or a large group of books from a convention) it can lead to a bottleneck situation in any of the key areas. I have some books there right now that I'm waiting on...  :whistle: