• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How often do you buy from Mile High Comics?
4 4

Buying comic books from Mile High Comics  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you buy comic books from Mile High Comics?

• Every week
    • Every month
    • Once in few months
    • Once in few years
    • Almost never
    • Never bought a single copy.
    • Never buy from them AGAIN!

108 posts in this topic

I purchased the last copy from Mile High Comics back in 2015. Their grading is about 70% accuracy. Waited for their price dropping then bought them at low price. The price went up after the purchase but their prices are steady rising. Not many key issues out there at High Mile Comics. I had enough of their game.

How often do you buy the books from the company?

Edited by JollyComics

1993 was the last time for me.

Too many out-of-stock items and credit notes, and before the more detailed and easily accessible website information.

Patchy grading even then on older books.

Never have and probably never will. I find their prices out of touch with the market- at least for anything I would buy - and others telling their accounts of dealings regarding taking forever to ship, incomplete shipments, shorting orders on a specific book and then raising its price -- just all kinds of shady business practices. If he wants to have the most books in his warehouse, he certainly has the perfect business plan.

Not that there aren't some deals for certain types of books-- but if it is bronze or silver-- forget it. Grading is another matter entirely and I will trust my fellow collectors who report poor grading practices.

I hadn't purchased from them in a couple decades, but made a couple multi-book orders on decently priced, and rare stuff this year.

The grading was in there.

It has been a little while, but I've never had a problem with Mile High. I think you just have to play to their strengths. When I needed to fill in a bunch of reader copies from independent 1980s publishers, they were the best source. Prices were reasonable and certainly better than buying onesies and twosies from a bunch of sellers. But keys and/or high grade books? I'm not sure how they sell those books given their prices. 

17 minutes ago, Shrevvy said:

It has been a little while, but I've never had a problem with Mile High. I think you just have to play to their strengths. When I needed to fill in a bunch of reader copies from independent 1980s publishers, they were the best source. Prices were reasonable and certainly better than buying onesies and twosies from a bunch of sellers. But keys and/or high grade books? I'm not sure how they sell those books given their prices. 

My guess is that they are very patient and willing to wait for uninformed buyers to buy them. As over priced as they make those items, any sale makes that operation seem profitable.

Also-- the many of the books have appreciated in value as the time passes. Perhaps that is the real plan-- hang on to the good stuff for as long as it takes to get to whatever multiplier they are shooting for or the market catches up to that multiplier. At which time, Chuck might see it is time to raise his price again- lol

My take on the place/business is that it is very impersonal. Just a feeling I get-- like comic books are just the widgets they deal with, nothing more. The whole warehouse seems like some sort of act. Maybe they have employees who are passionate about comics-- but most the of time I've heard Chuck ramble on, his focus is on how great a dealer of books he is and not so much how great are these books I offer. He has bought into his own hype.

I purchased a nice stack of cheapie comics this past Memorial Day while their 60% off sale was going on, which actually brought the prices down to a more realistic number.

My order confirmation was sent on May 28th
My acknowledgement of order confirmation and order number was sent on June 1st
A message telling me my order was being processed was sent on June 12th
A message finalizing the processing of my order was sent on June 15th along with a separate message telling me my debit card was charged for the order.
On June 20th I received my FedEx tracking number
Package delivered on June 23rd.

A little long from start to finish, but all-in-all not a bad transaction. The books looked just fine and were packaged well.

I do think an update on their website would do them a world of good, to say the least.

How often do I buy from Mile High?   How often have you bare-chested-wrestled with the Animal Spirit of the Great Colorado Grizzly Bear?!?  The answer to that is never my friend............never.....

chuck.jpg