• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How often do you buy from Mile High Comics?
4 4

Buying comic books from Mile High Comics  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you buy comic books from Mile High Comics?

• Every week
    • Every month
    • Once in few months
    • Once in few years
    • Almost never
    • Never bought a single copy.
    • Never buy from them AGAIN!

108 posts in this topic

22 pages worth of commentary speaks to about 44 pages of people who didn't even comment.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/402171-is-mile-high-a-reference-to-their-prices/

Just received a new purchase from them of 5 books. Sent in the smaller flat rate envelope with 3 of the cardboard comic box dividers that have the tab to write on to indicate the comics. Looks like the packaged was dropped on the corner. Only paid $20 for the 5 books so it's not worth going back and forth with Mile High because it takes about two weeks to get a response. At the end of the day they usually blame it on USPS anyway, even though they are not packaged properly.

4 hours ago, JollyComics said:

I purchased the last copy from Mile High Comics back in 2015. Their grading is about 70% accuracy. Waited for their price dropping then bought them at low price. The price went up after the purchase but their prices are steady rising. Not many key issues out there at High Mile Comics. I had enough of their game.

How often do you buy the books from the company?

Where's the poll?

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Its website is ancient and doesn't work well at all. It is the very last stop for me to buy a comic.

2 hours ago, comicquant said:

I got on their website once and after spending 30 minutes verifying it was Mile High's and not a 4 yr olds the headache was too strong to continue looking for books...

My purchases were from them off their eBay BINs

The problem is Chuck figured it was his good business sense rather than Edgar’s exquisite comics that made the comics worth so much.  So he keeps pushing higher prices even though what he has now doesn’t demand those prices.

Chuck has a couple of the very common "My Greatest Adventure" #29 in stock in VG and Fine condition for only .....

58723677984.29.GIFMedium-Size Cover
Jumbo-size Cover
Bibliography
29 Fair

(54.00)
Good

(108.00)
Very Good

Fine

Very Fine

-

i doubt they will ever worth that ,.. even 100 years from now ....

Edited by 1950's war comics

A collector can get a VG copy of "My Greatest Adventure" #29 already CGC graded for..$58.00 or best offer and if one waited for an eBay  coupon one could easily get this issue for around $45.00 or less... ALREADY GRADED !

My Greatest Adventure #29 - March,1959 - CGC 4.0

My Greatest Adventure #29 - March,1959 - CGC 4.0

$58.00
Guaranteed by Tue, Jul. 10
or Best Offer
+$13.00 shipping
Edited by 1950's war comics

Used to buy my new issues from their store in Thornton. 

But I changed jobs and a water main broke in that store and truly destroyed a ton of good items.  

On very rare occasions, I head to the "newer" store/museum.  You can still find deals on books, but you really need to be in projection mode.  

Patrick

5 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Just came across an invoice for purchases from 1991, and I believe the last time I purchased something from Mile High was about 11 years ago. hm

0D3FF6F5-C706-41C7-A81B-1D711CEF97B8.jpeg

CDB063FD-F258-44EA-8EEC-B0E08661DB4B.jpeg

A548A0DA-844C-4369-BAF5-7B37EE19F070.jpeg

Looks as though it was much cheaper back then (thumbsu

Pretty Cool!

I think that I've only bought from them on two occasions, but both transactions were satisfactory.  The latest one was about 5 years ago. I bought about 20 mid grade Brave and the Bold issues that I needed to finish my Batman run during one of their 50% off codeword sales. The other time was around 8 or 9 years ago. I bought a copy of Batman #52, from the original run, also during a 50% off sale. That book is missing the back cover, but otherwise is in solid good to good plus condition, and it cost a whopping $15.00. All of those books are still in my collection.  I've heard all of the horror stories about Mile High Comics, most of which are probably true.  In all fairness, while my limited experience with them has been satisfactory, it's quite likely that I just got lucky.

6 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Just came across an invoice for purchases from 1991, and I believe the last time I purchased something from Mile High was about 11 years ago. hm

0D3FF6F5-C706-41C7-A81B-1D711CEF97B8.jpeg

CDB063FD-F258-44EA-8EEC-B0E08661DB4B.jpeg

A548A0DA-844C-4369-BAF5-7B37EE19F070.jpeg

Don't forget to use your $3.50 credit :banana:

4 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Don't forget to use your $3.50 credit :banana:

Yeah never did use it. Think that was the hook to keep you coming back. No item, here’s some credit... Would have rather gotten a refund. :insane:

3 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Yeah never did use it. Think that was the hook to keep you coming back. No item, here’s some credit... Would have rather gotten a refund. :insane:

Back in the early 90s, I used to combine my order with that of a collector friend living near me, here in the UK.

We'd bought everything we needed from the cheap Specials section, and found that there were too many out-of-stocks on the regular items we'd tried to get.  After deducting some credit notes from our last Specials orders, and noticing that the grading on the older books from the main list was somewhat patchy, we were left with a few dollars that we'd never get around to using on the non-Specials listings, and it was time to bring it to a close, before the credit accumulated more significantly.