• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 156

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a collection of ASM that I bought new, read once and put into a bag. I didn't tape the flaps, but tucked them in back so now there's a "V" indent on most of the backs.

If I press and grade it would be $32 per book. Doesn't seem worth it if I can't get a really high grade. Any help much appreciated!

I was curious if I could achieve the holy grail of 9.8 if I had these pressed. I have issues 155-200 that are in relatively the same condition as the one I have uploaded. 

IMG_7448.thumb.jpg.3d4bcdf48a6716be922f246194612a46.jpgIMG_7449.thumb.jpg.1e49ab8921b2a0ede3c6f7f457721f4c.jpgIMG_7447.thumb.jpg.aad8f1a93ccf9cc241b74fb503a26559.jpg

I agree that this book won't hit a 9.8. it should be in the 9's though but without a scan hard to tell.

Not sure your motivation in getting them graded, if it is to sell them then I personally would only grade the key issues and possibly take a shot on a few that have no color break and hope for a 9.8. 

When all is said and done if you sell on eBay, between the cost to press/graded added with the higher eBay/PayPal fees (raw selling for $50 is about $6.50 in fees, graded at $100 is about $14) you might be better off selling them raw. 

You could just sell the whole run if your looking to sell, saves a ton on shipping supplies and time.