• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ORIGINAL ART THREAD

175 posts in this topic

CheeseCake. I wouldnt kick that little tart out of bed for eating crackers. YUM.

I just posted this in the "Painted Comic/Fantasy Art Appreciation Thread", but let me re-post it here as well for posterity:

Well, it's not quite comic art, but perhaps it qualifies as fantasy art (just not the kind that involves swords or sorcery insane.gif). I acquired this original painting by pin-up master Gil Elvgren at auction earlier this year. It's entitled "Stepping High" (1964), is done in oils on stretched canvas, and measures 24"x30".

878373-ElvgrenSteppingHighMasterII.jpg

878379-GilElvgrenSteppingHigh1964published.jpg

Just got this from Bob Layton. Lightboxed from the original Kirby pencils. When Kirby returned to Marvel in the 70s he did a lot of covers, like Iron Man, Avengers, etc, that I remember fondly.

I thought Bob did a great job on this piece. He also was very easy to deal with and even gave me a shipping refund when the shipping timeline got messed up. Kudos to Bob!!!

kirbyim90recreation.jpg

Thanks!

I really liked this page because it has a nice combo of classic Kirby elements: A nice Dr. Doom image (and the Rama Tut is nice too), lots of cool machinery, and even a space panel!

All that's missing is some "Kirby Krackle" and some squiggles!!! 27_laughing.gif