• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ORIGINAL ART THREAD

175 posts in this topic

Hey Steve, time for a dedicated forum on OA perhaps?

Do you guys think we should make OA a sticky? I feel as if maybe it should be, but that could be because I collect the stuff blush.gif

Use the original thread and make it sticky, or create an OA forum.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

What does Original art have to do with CGC books?

Are you planning on encapsulating and grading art also?

Encapsulation, maybe years down the road. Grading, very doubtful, they are a one of a kind piece, so condition matters less to OA collector's then the collector's of comic books.

What does Original art have to do with CGC books?

Are you planning on encapsulating and grading art also?

Blazing One:

Who served you the heaping bowl of Grumpy Flakes this morning? poke2.gif

Look, the Water Cooler has nothing to do with collecting comics or coins. Nor does the Babe Test. But both appear to flourish on these boards! (uh, thank you BOC!!!)

So what's wrong with having a forum for art? Many of the people who frequent these boards collect comics AND art.

Steve B and Arch: c'mon, let's have an OA forum! 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Encapsulation, maybe years down the road. Grading, very doubtful, they are a one of a kind piece, so condition matters less to OA collector's then the collector's of comic books.

gossip.gif Hey Steve, encapsulation of OA already exists. It's called a FRAME. grin.gif

gossip.gif Hey Steve, encapsulation of OA already exists. It's called a FRAME. grin.gif

SAY YES TO AN ORIGINAL ART FORUM yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

WELL...DO WE GET A FORUM ??!?!?!?!?!??!!?

I promise,..I wont make anymore Litch jokes if ya give us the forum !

If they give you an OA Forum, do you promise to stay out of the comic forums? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

WELL...DO WE GET A FORUM ??!?!?!?!?!??!!?

I promise,..I wont make anymore Litch jokes if ya give us the forum !

If they give you an OA Forum, do you promise to stay out of the comic forums? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sure, I'll make the promise that I would post any OA cooments in an OA forum

yay.giftakeit.gifheadbang.gifyay.giftakeit.gifheadbang.gifyay.giftakeit.gifheadbang.gifyay.giftakeit.gifflowerred.gif

I would welcome an original art forum, and I would contribute frequently, although I'm not sure it's necessary. I doubt it would be tremendously busy, but I'm sure it would grow over time. For starters, it would be a way to get some more of the original art collectors to come over to the CGC boards. And, you never know, some of us may even be persuaded to buy some books again! Maybe smile.gif

Plus, many of us have vast comic book collections still (most of which are not slabbed, since most of us switched to art-collecting before the advent of CGC), so having more of us on these boards might be a way to find some books.

Best,