• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The ARTGERM Thread
9 9

421 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, modelmaker said:

Catwoman #3 variant.  It's not even out yet, but without a doubt, destined to be a fave for many.  Even though I own some of his OA, I've actually never purchased any of his comics.  In this case, I'm going to make an exception and pick up a copy. <3

image.png.bb2fc266e6191558d14290f453c086cf.png

I actually broke down and bought a copy of this one - the first new comic I've bought in over 10 years. :insane:

Does he sell 11x17 prints?  I picked up Catwoman #4, but it just feels like the art needs to be appreciated on its own without any logos, barcodes, text, and in a format larger than the ~7"x~10" that modern comics come in to be fully appreciated.

EDIT: Yes he does!  Sent him a PM via FB and he was kind enough to point me to an authorized eBay dealer.

Edited by ExNihilo

21 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Does he sell 11x17 prints?  I picked up Catwoman #4, but it just feels like the art needs to be appreciated on its own without any logos, barcodes, text, and in a format larger than the ~7"x~10" that modern comics come in to be fully appreciated.

EDIT: Yes he does!  Sent him a PM via FB and he was kind enough to point me to an authorized eBay dealer.

Just a heads up from a slightly OCD collector, his prints are an off size other than 11by17, I picked one up at NYCC and it wasn’t even close to fitting in my binder I was carrying prints in, so I traded it away. I know I have issues ?

SearchForSpidey is correct about Artgerm's print sizes.  Since Artgerm is based in Asia, they use International (ISO/metric) paper sizes as opposed to the North American ANSI system.  Instead of 11"x17", they use A3 paper which is 11.69" x 16.54".    And for his typical convention commissions, assuming he brought his own paper from Asia, they'll be on A4 paper which is 8.3" x 11.7".

3 hours ago, SearchForSpidey said:

Just a heads up from a slightly OCD collector, his prints are an off size other than 11by17, I picked one up at NYCC and it wasn’t even close to fitting in my binder I was carrying prints in, so I traded it away. I know I have issues ?

28 minutes ago, modelmaker said:

SearchForSpidey is correct about Artgerm's print sizes.  Since Artgerm is based in Asia, they use International (ISO/metric) paper sizes as opposed to the North American ANSI system.  Instead of 11"x17", they use A3 paper which is 11.69" x 16.54".    And for his typical convention commissions, assuming he brought his own paper from Asia, they'll be on A4 paper which is 8.3" x 11.7".

Thanks for the heads up.  I did the conversion and noticed they were slightly wider than 11".  Will have to factor this in when buying an art portfolio.

35 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Ugh...$46.  Between this and the Adam Hughes and Alex Ross variants, this is starting to sound expensive.  I might have to be responsible for a change and just pass on all of these.  :sorry:

Not seeing it on his store...can you link it please?

2 minutes ago, Avi said:

Not seeing it on his store...can you link it please?

https://artgermcollectibles.com/collections/pre-sale-captain-marvel-1-artgerm-collectibles-exclusive

It's showing up as "Sold Out", but that's only because the store isn't releasing inventory until the 16th.  If you click in to each set option and then click on "Product Option", it'll reveal the prices.

Raw Set: $46/$86 (unsigned/signed)
9.8 CGC Set: $220/$260 (unsigned/signed)
Signed/Remarked 9.8 CGC Set: Price unknown
Cover A 9.8 CGC Set: $100/$120 (unsigned/signed)
Cover A Raw: $15/$36 (unsigned/signed)