• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The ARTGERM Thread
9 9

421 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

https://artgermcollectibles.com/collections/pre-sale-captain-marvel-1-artgerm-collectibles-exclusive

It's showing up as "Sold Out", but that's only because the store isn't releasing inventory until the 16th.  If you click in to each set option and then click on "Product Option", it'll reveal the prices.

Raw Set: $46/$86 (unsigned/signed)
9.8 CGC Set: $220/$260 (unsigned/signed)
Signed/Remarked 9.8 CGC Set: Price unknown
Cover A 9.8 CGC Set: $100/$120 (unsigned/signed)
Cover A Raw: $15/$36 (unsigned/signed)

46 is not bad...but like you said its starting to get expensive.

31 minutes ago, Avi said:

46 is not bad...but like you said its starting to get expensive.

Considering I bought the JSC 5 book set last week, plus I wanted the 1:25 Hughes cover for about $25, plus the 1:50 Alex Ross cover for about $45, it all just adds up.  Including Artgerm's variant, all said and done it'd be about $200+ for 9 books.  ???  Nevermind that I read the solicit on the book and the story doesn't even compel me.  I would purely be in it for the art on the front.

13 minutes ago, kimik said:

Good to see him get in on the action that JSC, Hughes, JTC and others have been doing for a while now. I wish more artists would do this and capitalize on their talent while they are still in high demand.

Ooph, I dunno, the market is getting flooded with store exclusives and variant covers I just think it's gonna have a negative impact on the comic market at some point the way gimmicky books did in the 90s.  Oddly enough, if they released $30 art prints, I would probably be less bothered (yeah, I can't explain my own logic for feeling that way.  :makepoint:).

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Considering I bought the JSC 5 book set last week, plus I wanted the 1:25 Hughes cover for about $25, plus the 1:50 Alex Ross cover for about $45, it all just adds up.  Including Artgerm's variant, all said and done it'd be about $200+ for 9 books.  ???  Nevermind that I read the solicit on the book and the story doesn't even compel me.  I would purely be in it for the art on the front.

Ha! yeah so far Im in for JSC, 1:25 Hughes and Stephanie Hans variant. Also a sucker nice cover art!

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

Ooph, I dunno, the market is getting flooded with store exclusives and variant covers I just think it's gonna have a negative impact on the comic market at some point the way gimmicky books did in the 90s.  Oddly enough, if they released $30 art prints, I would probably be less bothered (yeah, I can't explain my own logic for feeling that way.  :makepoint:).

I like the fact that the artists make more $$$ with their own exclusives. It is not a high paying profession to begin with, so I fully support them making money wherever they can.

This is definitely the best of the #1s that I've seen and one of Artgerm's best works. When Artgerm teased his company I thought it would be statues. Hopefully he will make this image as a print. I'll probably end up just getting one normal cover. I'm not crazy about the variant.

13 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

Damn, I was going to order it but not for that price of shipping.

They are coming up on ebay for less than it would cost for me to get one direct, I just ordered one that is just a few bucks more than the shipping-alone price from Artgerm - nope, my math is wrong - for less than shipping alone.

Edited by Dangercow

I like his art, but I would like to see some different female faces. They all look the same to me, it is like the girl is a cosplayer dressing up in different costumes. Sue Storm looks exactly like Capt Marvel who looks exactly like Wonder Woman (with a wig or dyed hair ).

Sue Storm.png

Capt Marvel.jpg

Wonder Woman.png

Same can be said to any comic artist. Just look at Campbell,  and Jim Lee’s art.... all their covers that featured women all look the same. The only difference is facial expression (smiling or closed lips); different hair style, mask or not, and even different angles. Heck, I think even AH all his women looked the same.

I think only Alex Ross’ cover looks like a different women....

On 12/27/2018 at 1:37 AM, GeneticNinja said:

That's nice. I still need to read one of her comics. I think I'm close to picking out a character for a commission. I want a character that will suit his style but also one that he hasn't drawn too much yet.

On 12/21/2018 at 7:26 PM, DaveCFPrez said:

My Artgerm Lady Death commission

received_10156168627190159_20180123131730342.jpg

Very cool. Is it a long wait to get a commission, and/or do you have to be physically present at a con these days?